why do we play ?

if my items gonna be trash when new content comes... Almost all rpgs, especially Blizzard is fooling their customers to put them into the endless grinding loop, i am really wondering about whats GGG's thoughts about Power Creep...

Power Creep : http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Power_creep

Players spent hours,days,months to gain/buy legacy Kaom's Hearth for example then new expansion comes and Kaom's Hearth doesnt worth more than a chaos, that would be ridiciolous.

My high level friends insisted on me to play this game, it is really good game so far, but i really want to have some information about this situation as i quit wow after vanilla because of this reason.

i am asking you now guyz, would you still play Path of Exile if your all end game perfect items gonna be trash after new expansion ?

I think that subject is kinda important for all of us as no one in earth wants to try hard for something which will be worthless soon.

Plase share your thoughts...

Respect and love all :)
Don't worry, GGG has made it their leading star to make legacy versions of your current "overpowered" gear :).

This message was delivered by GGG defence force.
"
mazul wrote:
Don't worry, GGG has made it their leading star to make legacy versions of your current "overpowered" gear :).

haha, good point mate :) that was how my friends convinced me to play this game :)
Races !
I think that the game is more fun, for me, if I start over every month or so. I started fresh in the 1monthHC league and am having a ball. Just got to Act III merci and it's getting grindy. That's ok. I can tolerate it for a bit. It's even fun for a while. I'd really like to replace my armor, but am getting through Catacombs with only a little stress at times.

Power creep doesn't really affect me... but I think it's a poor design philosophy. It comes from the developers wanting to play both "Scumbag Steve" and "Good Guy Greg" at the same time. They put in something that will kill off most characters, but then give you the power needed to get by it. Adding "ubers" is good for retaining those people who are stuck playing their high level characters, but it can really mess up the balance for those that choose to play through the game fresh. Adding better and better items to the game will simply kill it. People already complain about drop rates. Adding more and more to dilute them further is not the right way to go.

You're kind of playing the wrong genre (As many people are who play PoE, expecting something that won't happen), the whole concept of games like this is to play to improve, once you can't improve the game is over. WoW has no place in any discussion relating to PoE, I think you're playing the wrong genre and should quit because you're going to be disappointed by the nature of your post.
Last edited by Peenk on Jul 27, 2014, 12:05:07 PM
I dont give a shit about legacy items and i certainly dont worry about the expansion. I will have fun no matter what comes.
"
I dont give a shit about legacy items and i certainly dont worry about the expansion. I will have fun no matter what comes.

My thoughts exactly, albeit I probably would have worded it more softly.

I don't think there will be too much power creep. They are planning to remove difficulties as time passes, the the levels of area and maps shouldn't get too much higher. I do not foresee another tier of weapons/armor, although some more niche ones (Sacrificial Garb), or ones that offer an interesting implicit (Astral Plate, Assassin Garb, Occultist Vestments) will most likely be added.

oh, and I have no end game perfect items, so I can't really answer the question.
Last edited by HasuKishi on Jul 27, 2014, 12:31:33 PM
New 4-month leagues start with expansion and if you play those then it doesn't really matter.
PoE is less susceptible to power creep than D3 due to skill tree and 1000s of builds before you tire out and want something new. PoE needs new content not new items.
Git R Dun!

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info