cast speed plateaus and calculating how much i need to overcome it

I used to do storm call linked with faster casting which got me around 3.52 casts per second or 5 SC markers

If i added haste aura, ill get a cast speed of 4.02 and 6 markers

However im getting confused when i switched to spell echo instead of faster casting.

without haste i have 4.22 cast speed but 4 markers (7 or 8 because echo forced 2 to be cast on a spot)

with haste i have 5.05 cast speed but also 4 markers

so i want to know how do i calculate how many markers im actually setting down as well as how much more cast speed i need to add more markers

At 5.05 casts per second you would get 7.57 casts in 1.5seconds but the counter doesn't start until your first cast is complete so you should get 8 markers. In under to get 9 markers you would need to get your casts up to ~8 in 1.5sec (maybe a bit over to account for latency)
which is roughly 5.34 casts per second. (5.3333 repeating)

Roughly 167% cast speed (5.34/2)-1 = 1.67 = 167% increased cast speed
I think my maths right, someone correct me if I'm wrong.
"
Agashi wrote:

At 5.05 casts per second you would get 7.57 casts in 1.5seconds but the counter doesn't start until your first cast is complete so you should get 8 markers. In under to get 9 markers you would need to get your casts up to ~8 in 1.5sec (maybe a bit over to account for latency)
which is roughly 5.34 casts per second. (5.3333 repeating)

Roughly 167% cast speed (5.34/2)-1 = 1.67 = 167% increased cast speed
I think my maths right, someone correct me if I'm wrong.

You forgot the more cast speed from spell echo.
So that should be 5.34/(2*1.69) = 1.579 = 158%

Something doesn't seem right here. 69% more cast speed is only worth 10% increased cast speed?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info