Acrobatics Whats It Good For?

"
Autocthon wrote:

Is the order. You want AT LEAST one damage avoidance on top of evasion, because non-evasion is pRNG and not entropy. Ideally you have both to a minimal degree because your life time scales multiplicatively as you increase each defense.

You have 50% evade? You have 200% "HP"
You add 50% dodge to that? 400% "HP"
50% block too? 800% "HP"

It's that simple.

No it isn't, nub.

You dont have effectively 800% hp.

1) mabye you dont know it but there are other damage types than physical.

2) you have 100% hp if a phys attack hits you and not 200% or 800% or whatever nonsense.

#31 of Rampage League after 7 days played.
"
Insomniask wrote:

No it isn't, nub.

2) you have 100% hp if a phys attack hits you and not 200% or 800% or whatever nonsense.

If you don't understand the concept of effective health don't post.
IGN - PlutoChthon, Talvathir
"
Autocthon wrote:
"
Insomniask wrote:

No it isn't, nub.

You just said "HP" and not "effective health".

Talk in a more civilised way at least if you are only talking nonsense, ty.

"
Autocthon wrote:

Is the order. You want AT LEAST one damage avoidance on top of evasion, because non-evasion is pRNG and not entropy. Ideally you have both to a minimal degree because your life time scales multiplicatively as you increase each defense.

50% block too? 800% "HP"

It's that simple.

Able to read your own posts, are you?
#31 of Rampage League after 7 days played.
Last edited by Insomniask on Jul 28, 2014, 10:40:27 AM
"
keeper190786 wrote:
One great threat for eva/dodge/block is obviously DoT... Im playing this type of defensive setup and this kind of damage is the most dangerous one.

Bleeding (especially cor. blood) / chaos clouds / burning ground (the kind of doing several k of fire dmg)

But its true, that u only have to rise ur life pool to avoid one-hits otherwise, cause u have always enough time between hits to regenrate even with slow-working flasks...

i have 30-40% chance to avoid / 40/46 dodge / 60/64 block at 4.3k life ---- its a great defense even though i am using cyclone rather often to produce power charges.

Antother thing nobody addressed is the drawback on armour and ES (especially vs bleeding the armour loss is quite hard). I think EB works perfectly fine with that drawback since the ES isnt halfed before converted into mana. So the ES drawback isnt there and using rathpith is a pretty nice option since one gets spell block (not loosing ability to block attacks), 30% base block (which is 6% higher than saffels) and 10% increased life (sadly sounds greater than it is really...)

Every defense setup seems to have advantages and drawback.

P.S: The eHP is a nice number for general valueing defense, but for eva it dont works well because the incoming damage is discrete and therefore the concept of eHP fails.

P.P.S The entropy of evasion is the key feature which makes dodge block so effective. The calculation needs to be done more carefully here.

P.P.P.S: and btw all whats discussed here is which looks nicer: x or 1/x or 1-x... think about it ;)

Is the highlighted sentence true? \_qO_Op_/

edit: oh i found the answere on my own, i hate you vipermagi :P

"
Vipermagi wrote:

ES Converted to Mana will still be halved by Acrobatics.
Conversion in a nutshell:
Conversion occurs before modifiers such as Increased Maximum Mana are applied. The new value also benefits (and suffers) from modifiers to the original value however. In this case, the Energy Shield is first Converted to Mana, and then multipliers to both ES and Mana are applied to that value.

What can never be lent or earned?
Somewhat, that devours everyone and everything:
A tree that rush. A bird that sings. It eat bones and smite the hardest stones.
Masticate every sword. Shatters every shrine. It defeat mighty kings and carry mountains on lightly wings.
What am i?
Last edited by Spysong192 on Jul 28, 2014, 2:08:57 PM
"
Insomniask wrote:
"
Autocthon wrote:
"
Insomniask wrote:

No it isn't, nub.

You just said "HP" and not "effective health".

Talk in a more civilised way at least if you are only talking nonsense, ty.

"
Autocthon wrote:

50% block too? 800% "HP"

It's that simple.

Able to read your own posts, are you?
I was simplifying to quotations because it was convenient.
IGN - PlutoChthon, Talvathir

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info