Acrobatics Whats It Good For?

Ive been looking into making a new build based around the acrobatics skill but i could use some advice and how it would work im going for a witch or Templar can i have some advice and what could work well with this keystone
It's not really a node for Witches or Templars.

For pure Evasion-based characters, it's a pure buff - you're more looking at Shadows, Rangers, Scions
IGN: Chundaziri
8/8 Ambush/Invasion Complete - 21/06/2014
8/8 Warbands/Tempest Complete - 10/08/2015
Last edited by Chundadragon on Jul 26, 2014, 10:16:59 PM
Its really nice for characters that use projectile attacks themselves since it also doubles the chance to evade their own reflected damage.

Obviously this doesn't work if you have either resolute technique or any unique with "hits cannot be evaded".

Last edited by Aggropop on Jul 26, 2014, 10:52:01 PM
"
Aggropop wrote:
Its really nice for characters that use projectile attacks themselves since it also doubles the chance to evade their own reflected damage.

Obviously this doesn't work if you have either resolute technique or any unique with "hits cannot be evaded".

Acrobatics is not Ondar's Guile.
IGN: SplitEpimorphism
imo, the acrobatics/phase acrobatics keystones (the dodge mechanic) work poorly with other forms of damage evasion such as block and evasion. this is because these rolls all roll seperately for one attack, therefor some attacks will get dodged AND blocked AND evaded, others will not get any successful rolls. there's a bit of maths to be done, but what that means is that for each evasion type you have (dodge, block, evasion, thats 3 types) the efficiency of each is reduced. i think dodge is rolled first, then evasion, then block (correct me if wrong) that means evasion will be less efficient, and block/spell block will be doubly less efficient.

what acrobatics does work well with is mitigation, ehp, and hp. +MAX resistances, MoM, Arctic Armour, Armour, lightning coil, and huge life/es pools. also, acrobatics obviously works well with other forms of dodge because it is added to the same roll, so darkray vectors and that armour and those atziri boots all synergise with acrobatics/phase acrobatics.

the only problem with this is that shield block is awesome. so i think i would only look into the dodge mechanic if my character really doesn't want to use a shield.
JunkX will disagree.
Ranger builds list: /917964
When two witches watch two watches, which witch watches which watch?
If the witches watching watches watch the same watch while you watch which witch watches which watch, they switch watches; then, the watch switching witches watch which watch you watch.
Watching witches watch watches is not for the faint of heart...
What can never be lent or earned?
Somewhat, that devours everyone and everything:
A tree that rush. A bird that sings. It eat bones and smite the hardest stones.
Masticate every sword. Shatters every shrine. It defeat mighty kings and carry mountains on lightly wings.
What am i?
Last edited by Spysong192 on Jul 27, 2014, 8:16:19 AM
"
JunkX will disagree.

well i'm sorry to JunkX, but the maths clearly shows that you are not optimising your overall defenses by using dodge and evasion and block.

Assuming a character has a 50% chance to evade, and a 40% chance to dodge, and 45% chance to block, the character only has an 83.5% chance to avoid taking damage, which seems high but for the amount of investment required, it's not huge, especially considering this is only for dodging attacks, and all spells will get through still. massive investment here. OR you could just get 75% block.

Chance to Avoid Attack = 1 - ( (1 - Chance to Evade) * (1 - Chance to Dodge) * (1 - Chance to block))

= 1 - ((1 - 0.5) * (1 - 0.4) * (1 - 0.45))

= 0.835

edit: please don't get me wrong, i think dodge is insanely good. i also think evasion and block are insanely good. i dont think all three in unison is very efficient. as i said before, dodge is crazy good with the likes of MoM and lightning coil and other eHP and HP builds.
Last edited by Float on Jul 27, 2014, 7:35:10 AM
Gellig switched to evasion/block/dodge to kill uber Atziri because previous armour/block setup wasn't tanky enough to survive. I'm trying some acrobatics based melee build and it's going good, high HP pool and Immortal call are enough for big physical hits. So acrobatics can be a good choice, but Templar and Witch starts are very far, it's better to be used with Ranger or Duelist.
"
toxicm wrote:
Gellig switched to evasion/block/dodge to kill uber Atziri because previous armour/block setup wasn't tanky enough to survive. I'm trying some acrobatics based melee build and it's going good, high HP pool and Immortal call are enough for big physical hits. So acrobatics can be a good choice, but Templar and Witch starts are very far, it's better to be used with Ranger or Duelist.

yep, this is a pretty awesome build but i think a big part of its success is the 46% spell dodge. that along with spell block from saffells and +max resist will stop most spells. of course there will be a slight inefficiency between spell block and spell dodge but who cares when its so important against uber atziri. also it frees evasion and dodge up to play the main role in evading attack damage, because he can't use shield to block attacks. changing the equation to take block from attacks to spell is insanely smart if you already have ev and dodge for attacks, as there is mathemtaically less inefficiency. this is awesome actually.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info