Random reminder how broken Atziri's Acuity is

"
RogueMage wrote:
"
kasub wrote:
The purpose of 4 month leagues are to specifically address any concerns with the economy of permanent leagues. It also means you can start in new leagues without worrying about others being ahead.

...for maybe the first two weeks till the bots and RMT sites catch up.

What does RMT'ing and bots have to do with legacy uniques in the 4-month?

No amount of botting or RMT will magically make legacy items appear in the 4-month. The only ones you can ever get are the race rewards. That's it.
I beleive the nerfing of vaal pact and the introduction of acuity was one of GGG's most terrible balance atrocities(and they have done many).I have stated that before.The initial nerf was aimed at ranged attack players that could one shot screens from safety distance,and become immune to reflect,and basically generally could not die due to insane amounts of istant leech.
Well,news flash,as it was obvious,these players were affected the least by the nerf,since they still had their safety distance,while all melee vaal pact players got destroyed.I mean at that point,my gear was over 200ex and still was not able to deal with enfeeble,or reflect or vulnerability maps,due to my leech not being able to keep me alive.Claws were the weapon to go if you wanted to play vaal pact melee.Poorer players... Forget it....
Then they introduced this item,which was obvious from the start that the richest players will be able to afford right from the start(almost),and make the -not so nerfred- builds more powerful than ever,and it was an even bigger -fuck you- to all the poorer players.
That's an example of GGG's terrible balance,that seems to promote only elite players to be able to deal with the end game,i mean spending tons of exalts and time-just for your build to be VIABLE end game- not to completely destroy maps.My build now with acuity and good gear is by far more powerfull than it ever was,while without expensive items is now ultra crap,and i don't even know what to tell to people who want to try it out.
Blance should be the OTHER way.Make the difference from god like gear to normal gear smaller.Make it viable for more casual players to be able to enjoy end game with affordable builds,while let the elite wreck end game,but the difference in power should be somewhat smaller.Not the ,not viable - clearing 78 maps in 3 minutes things that exist now.A good example is Dark souls,where leveling past 40-50 on individual stats,give very diminishing returns(that could happen with gear as well).

I mean look also what happened to facebreakers and BoR.More casual players had a nice affordable build,with which could play succeseffully and enjoy endgamge,while at the same time it was not even close to be comparable to more expensive builds.And they nerfed it.More nerfs that fucked the poorer players.WHY?????Even you can count the nerf to kaoms here as well.With the current balance,legacy Kaoms was the absolutely only reason,if you wanted to spend abit more,to play a life based 2 handed build.

What could be done?Noone likes legacy items,i d say buff vaal pact back,and give it mana leech as well.Seems overpowered?It's what acuity does and saves points as well,not to mention it's other stats.Acuity should not be a braindead BiS item for all crit builds.Also vaal pact this way will be usefull to non crit builds as well.With the current situation,since non crit builds do way less damage,vaal pact is useless.Moreover,this way it will make soul taker a less mandatory unique for many builds.And i insist that further changes to mana leech and o.regenration should be made for non vaal pact builds,cause the mana situation as of now -SUCKS.

PS:I do own acuity,and have been for over 2 months,so do not accuse me of jealusy whatsoever
Spoiler
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/417287 - Poutsos Flicker Nuke Shadow
vaal pact passive is totally useless since when these gloves have been added
as there is an unique with pain attuament and another with mind over matter, leech should apply with the same rate as vaal pact on the acuity's imo

most chars are built around these gloves, they are way too op, you can leech 10k es in 1 second
Last edited by InAshesTheyShallReap on Jul 28, 2014, 8:56:19 AM
"
- It has a better version of a keystone that had to be nerfed as a mod
- It has none of the drawbacks of that keystone. No leech penalty or points needed to reach it.

- It gives you infinite mana which is a struggle for everything in the game

- It gives you immunity to reflect which is a struggle for everything else in the game

- It gives the the highest damaging glass cannon builds in the game infinite life.

I don't give a fuck about the existence of Atziri's Acuity.
Another quality ZAP! post.
"
"
Chundadragon wrote:
"
raises an eyebrow

You don't need legacy uniques to roll high level content.
People manage it every 4-month.
If you're not Joe No-life, replace, "roll" with "stroll casually through."

I'd also debate that any of the legacy uniques are uniquely build-enabling either.

Talking about standard leagues here. If legacy uniques exist, they must exist for everyone.

Read the guy I'm replying to. He's saying that you need legacies to play at a high level. That's not even remotely true. Not even in standard. I don't think even you could argue that you actually need a Kaom's Heart to enjoy mapping phase.

I already know what your position is and you clearly aren't going to give any substantive reasons to back your assertion.

I don't think you read what I read; at least, I think what I read was alluding to the psychology of loot-finding/acquisition. Being able to compare gear, show off, etc.. is very much a part of the appeal of.. finding loot. A new player entering the game going "Whoa, look at that guy's build! So cool! I'm going to do that one day!" only to get "Sorry kid, you can't make this build; these items are no longer available, but you can make a much weaker version if you want," must seem, well, pretty fucked up to that new player. What's the point? Work just as hard, play just as smart, only to wind up with a second class build?

Argue "it doesn't affect your game at all," all you want; it does. Being able to passively compete with one another (like stamp collectors; they have some fiercely passive competitions, only they don't get to battle monsters with their stamps) is a significant motivator for the loot grind.

Edit: But obviously legacies are not going anywhere, it's too late to change anything for them; the only thing that can be done going forward is ensuring nobody makes a colossal fuck-up, and I think nerfing Acuity would be colossal beyond comprehension.
Devolving Wilds
Land
“T, Sacrifice Devolving Wilds: Search your library for a basic land card and reveal it. Then shuffle your library.”
Last edited by CanHasPants on Jul 28, 2014, 9:26:24 AM
Previous BiS for crit builds:

New BiS for crit builds:

RIP Maligaro's
✮ in-game @FTMFW
✮ twitch.tv/RRTSON
✮ [Shop] http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/909223
✮ [Build of the Week] http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1034503
"
Veruski wrote:
"
RogueMage wrote:
"
kasub wrote:
The purpose of 4 month leagues are to specifically address any concerns with the economy of permanent leagues. It also means you can start in new leagues without worrying about others being ahead.

...for maybe the first two weeks till the bots and RMT sites catch up.

What does RMT'ing and bots have to do with legacy uniques in the 4-month?

No amount of botting or RMT will magically make legacy items appear in the 4-month. The only ones you can ever get are the race rewards. That's it.

Where do you see any mention of Legacy items in my post? I'm talking about bots & RMT sites demolishing the romantic notion of a temp league "fresh start" in two weeks or less. What do you think many who sell their expired temp league items for Fools Gold use it to buy?
I think your argument is invalid inappropriate, RMT should not be considered as a feature of this game.

Last edited by Startkabels on Jul 28, 2014, 2:47:52 PM
"
RogueMage wrote:
Where do you see any mention of Legacy items in my post? I'm talking about bots & RMT sites demolishing the romantic notion of a temp league "fresh start" in two weeks or less. What do you think many who sell their expired temp league items for Fools Gold use it to buy?

still not seeing what this has to do with the thread.

a fresh server is still a fresh server, whether people bot it or not.

i also am struggling to see what this has to do with acuity.
nerfing vaal pact then acuity = epic wtf

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info