Random reminder how broken Atziri's Acuity is

"
Do_odle wrote:
What someone else has does affect me. In PVP especially. In time I spend farming. In time I spend clearing maps. Not having the legacy items does affect me. It makes damn sure that I do not have the best items possible no matter how much I waste my damn life trying to get the mediocre by-comparison gear that's currently achievable. Good game.

For the sake of argument, don't duel legacy items then.

Seems like a pretty simple fix. I don't see why you'd want to play against anybody who's being less than sporting.
Competitive Pokemon and Smash Brothers actually has a host of formal tournament rules to shoehorn noncompetitive games into a competitive format.

And while I honestly hadn't considered PVP, I cast serious doubt that you really care about it. I believe you're motivated more by jealousy.
Last edited by DeviantLightning on Jul 27, 2014, 9:32:05 PM
"
Chundadragon wrote:
Yes. We have to.

Player A has the legacy uniques and DIDN'T RMT THEM, just got them when they weren't legacy. Can farm Dom with twice the efficiency.

Player B just started playing. He can never equal Player A so he might as well quit the game at this point.

Agreed. As a previous guild leader, I did my best to keep newbies happy. So many of them got frustrated and quit. Meanwhile the legacy players are rocking high maps all day, trading legacy gear for other legacy gear and making great new builds. The new players had no such fun.
raises an eyebrow

You don't need legacy uniques to roll high level content.
People manage it every 4-month.
If you're not Joe No-life, replace, "roll" with "stroll casually through."

I'd also debate that any of the legacy uniques are uniquely build-enabling either.
Last edited by DeviantLightning on Jul 27, 2014, 11:20:04 PM
"
raises an eyebrow

I'd also debate that any of the legacy uniques are uniquely build-enabling either.

Talking about standard leagues here. If legacy uniques exist, they must exist for everyone.
IGN: Chundaziri
8/8 Ambush/Invasion Complete - 21/06/2014
8/8 Warbands/Tempest Complete - 10/08/2015
"
Chundadragon wrote:
"
raises an eyebrow

Talking about standard leagues here. If legacy uniques exist, they must exist for everyone.

Read the guy I'm replying to. He's saying that you need legacies to play at a high level. That's not even remotely true. Not even in standard. I don't think even you could argue that you actually need a Kaom's Heart to enjoy mapping phase.

I already know what your position is and you clearly aren't going to give any substantive reasons to back your assertion.
Last edited by DeviantLightning on Jul 27, 2014, 11:25:39 PM
Well, my position is relative to those guys who say Legacies should be BoA. That is just wrong.

"
Chundadragon wrote:
Player A has the legacy uniques and DIDN'T RMT THEM, just got them when they weren't legacy. Can farm Dom with twice the efficiency.

Player B just started playing. He can never equal Player A so he might as well quit the game at this point.

My position on legacies is that they are 100% fine on Standard leagues. But exclusively giving them to only one very small minority is gunna get the new entrees very disheartened.
IGN: Chundaziri
8/8 Ambush/Invasion Complete - 21/06/2014
8/8 Warbands/Tempest Complete - 10/08/2015
"
"
Chundadragon wrote:
"
raises an eyebrow

Read the guy I'm replying to. He's saying that you need legacies to play at a high level. That's not even remotely true. Not even in standard. I don't think even you could argue that you actually need a Kaom's Heart to enjoy mapping phase.

I already know what your position is and you clearly aren't going to give any substantive reasons to back your assertion.

Jealousy is significant. I wouldn't care, but for spike-type players this feels godawful.

I'll give you an economical reason: people with legacy gear farm just quicker, so they can buy any gear you could need to continue at a greater price. Hence, the item progression for a lot of people that couldn't level their character in temporary leagues slows down. And they'll never get the posibility (with almost certainty) to have the same items, so they will never farm at the same speed to catch up.
There is a lot of difference in speed between a self found character and a trader one, so if you want to tell them to survive, you are being unfair.
Add a Forsaken Masters questline
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2297942
Last edited by NeroNoah on Jul 27, 2014, 11:54:13 PM
"
kasub wrote:
The purpose of 4 month leagues are to specifically address any concerns with the economy of permanent leagues. It also means you can start in new leagues without worrying about others being ahead.

...for maybe the first two weeks till the bots and RMT sites catch up.
u guy forgot something else? RGN or NGR? or wait RNG?
Random reminder:

That item is an end game unique that is mostly used in the end game build we all know by now: Shavs+CoE+Auras+ST+Daggers+Atziri's Acuity

The item itself out of this builds context is not OP considering the rarity
Last edited by Startkabels on Jul 28, 2014, 7:41:36 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info