Random reminder how broken Atziri's Acuity is

"
Chundadragon wrote:
Player B just started playing. He can never equal Player A so he might as well quit the game at this point.

That would spoil the game only for those who would be satisfied by nothing less than the most putrid flavor of cheese.
Last edited by RogueMage on Jul 26, 2014, 10:58:33 PM
The simple solution is to let legacy versions of items drop in permanent leagues and better balanced versions of those items drop in four month leagues and races. Then people in Standard can continue farming for the most insane gear since that league will forever be plagued with imbalanced legacy items anyway and people in four month leagues can enjoy a (more) balanced game.

On Atziri's Acuity, GGG could make it the following and it would still be insane:
-(60 to 80) to Intelligence
-(60 to 75) to maximum Life
100% reduced Armour
(25 to 35)% reduced Global Critical Strike Chance
Leech applies instantly on Critical Strike
"Arctic Armour was a mistake." - Chris Wilson
Last edited by Creon on Jul 26, 2014, 11:39:26 PM
This single item nearly proves GGG has no idea how to balance the game past level 60 or where they want to go.

IGN: Arlianth
Check out my LA build: 1782214
"
Nephalim wrote:
This single item nearly proves GGG has no idea how to balance the game past level 60 or where they want to go.

Nerf the shit out of Vaal Pact making it unable to prevent reflect deaths?
Make mana leech unusable for ES builds?

Then make the solution an extremely expensive item that many players affected will never reach?

I think GGG is genius.
IGN: Chundaziri
8/8 Ambush/Invasion Complete - 21/06/2014
8/8 Warbands/Tempest Complete - 10/08/2015
As has been said a thousand times:
What somebody else has doesn't affect you.

Legacies are never getting rebalanced.
As far as GGG is concerned, the items were fixed the moment the legacies were removed from temporary leagues and now they're just quaint collector's items. Hardly anybody even plays the normal leagues during 4-months.

Seriously, get over it.
Last edited by DeviantLightning on Jul 27, 2014, 7:07:08 PM
Maybe they should replace the leech affix for Vaal Pact.
Add a Forsaken Masters questline
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2297942
"

As far as GGG is concerned, the items were fixed the moment the legacies were removed from temporary leagues and now they're just quaint collector's items. Hardly anybody even plays the normal leagues during 4-months.

Seriously, get over it.

Actually, during Ambush/Invasion, about a third (30%) of the playerbase were still playing on Standard. Ambush had roughly 45%, Standard 30%, Invasion 15%, and the rest were in regular Hardcore (~10%). I remember Chris posted it on reddit or in one of the mini-patch announcement threads.

Permanent leagues are still very much a thing.
✮ in-game @FTMFW
✮ twitch.tv/RRTSON
✮ [Shop] http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/909223
✮ [Build of the Week] http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1034503
Last edited by rrtson on Jul 27, 2014, 8:04:24 PM
"
A lot of people genuinely don't care about legacies because they don't affect 4-month leagues.
They're just not relevant.

It'd be cool to have one sure, but I don't wouldn't go out of my way to buy one in normal HC.

The people who don't care, simply should have no say, I don't see why their genuine lack of concern for the issue matters.

That's like saying there's a war but you and a lot of other people are not in it so it's just not relevant to the people that's in it.

"

Seriously, get over it.

Seriously, No.

What someone else has does affect me. In PVP especially. In time I spend farming. In time I spend clearing maps. Not having the legacy items does affect me. It makes damn sure that I do not have the best items possible no matter how much I waste my damn life trying to get the mediocre by-comparison gear that's currently achievable. Good game.

You let GGG be concerned with that while others protest, you've already made it clear that you don't care about the subject at hand, so let us do the revolutionary shit for you.

@GGG:
-Having 4month leagues doesn't fix the fact that you have legacy items in the permanent leagues. Why are they still there? Are you afraid of losing the dedicated player base that has them? Be honest. : )

On-Topic:
Of course they're over-powered.

They have to let the player-base have a little bit of fucking fun in this game if they dedicate themselves to such a low of having to create and farm for an atziri-viable build which discriminates against a large majority of previously PoE viable builds.

GGG contradict themselves all the time, they're human, that's awesome, but as always they're probably almost always just going to nerf what needs to be nerfed instead of buffing what needs to be buffed.-> I doubt vaal pact will return to it's original glory. Iron Reflexes, Chaos Innoculation, Blood Magic. Everything fun has been rendered over-powered and completely nerfed into mediocrity = yeah it's okay, but for reasons, yada yada yada, "we don't want you having too much fun inside of our game UNLESS you spend countless hours saving up for a spec capable of farming uber for dem O.P. gloves"...
"
-Having 4month leagues doesn't fix the fact that you have legacy items in the permanent leagues

It actually does. The purpose of 4 month leagues are to specifically address any concerns with the economy of permanent leagues. It also means you can start in new leagues without worrying about others being ahead. It's the exact solution many people in D3 forums wanted.

If you care about the competitive aspect then 4 month leagues are the way to go.
Last edited by kasub on Jul 27, 2014, 8:58:39 PM
"
rrtson wrote:
"

Seriously, get over it.

Actually, during Ambush/Invasion, about a third (30%) of the playerbase were still playing on Standard. Ambush had roughly 45%, Standard 30%, Invasion 15%, and the rest were in regular Hardcore (~10%). I remember Chris posted it on reddit or in one of the mini-patch announcement threads.

Permanent leagues are still very much a thing.

Alright, point taken. I didn't know that.

That said, Standard isn't really the place to get competitive or jealous about items. Players call it the "dumpster league" for a reason.
You can account-bind the legacies and people will still get pissed off that they'd be forever barred from acquiring them.
Last edited by DeviantLightning on Jul 27, 2014, 9:31:38 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info