-

- Resolved -
Last edited by Tyranastrasz on Aug 7, 2014, 3:09:44 AM
This is realy a solid build did it myself and its pretty good and tanky good dps GREAT BUILD REALY AWESOME KEEP IT UP i struggled with alot of build when i tried this 1 it help me alot thanks again
I'm doing a very similar build based on the same forum post, but adjusted more for magic finding.

I think this question will pop up a lot and you addressed it yourself to some extent, but I'll give my input anyways. Despite having almost 0 armor and 0 evasion in this build, using an immortal call setup, granite, and most importantly your LIFE REGEN is totally sufficient for staying alive. It's very HC viable because the totems draw lots of aggro. Even when things do hit you, the life regen in this build makes it feel like the hits are a lot smaller than they are. Sometimes you will get hit for 1k by just 1 hit, but by the time another hit comes around, you have already regenerated 600+ HP.

As long as you dont get 1 shot or charge into a room blindly without a granite up, you can easily make due with this build. If you're really scared for some reason, you can put up totems before you enter rooms and make them scout for you.

I'm currently farming dominus at a reasonable pace and my gear and stats are not even HALF of what he has. At 1.3k DPS sheet DPS and 3.9k life, I can farm Dominus safely and do 70 maps with ease. For those that intend to use a similar build to magic find, I can tell you from personal experience that it works very well. Lunaris is a breeze and Dominus runs are possible as early as level 69 or 70 with this build depending on your gear.
IGN: ExplicitSkill
Thanks for the post. I am wondering why you are saying that nodes increasing cast speed for totem summoning increase the spell casting speed; there is a bug with spell totems that show tooltip increases in DPS when taking these nodes. Do you have any evidence to the contrary that the same bug does not apply to flame totem?
I compared casts per second of the flame totems before and after. Also it's a very noticeable dps increase from pure observing how fast mobs die with or without.
Last edited by Tyranastrasz on Jul 26, 2014, 9:47:31 PM
Aging, I have tested it multiple times and the totems cast speed actaully does increase. It is not a bug with the tooltip.
Also, if anyone can point me to someone who tried a decent crit version of flame totems before or has some experience with it i`d like to get in contact.

I was thinking recently how to further improve this build but I feel like my point of view is to narrow to explore more versions of this.
Can refer you to GraggZaunn's build:

http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgEAAnEEBwSzDkgPxBGWFCAUTRRxFm8YkRmFGjgabB8CJDwkqiThJpUnLyepKU8qEyynLR8u_zKJNsU26Tt8PfxJUUrETLNQMFBHUFBUSVVLVbVVxlfiWGNZ81ptXfJfP2KsY0NnvW0ZcFJw1XKpeGl_xoV9jDaMz45kj0aQVZuhnWOdo52qna6ezaIAog-io6PypKyksacIpzCnXKeErKq2-rjKvJ_AGsBRwQTB88MTxtjPZdDQ1p3YJNrd217fv-Nq44Tjn-Qi5Y7qGOw47w7wH_Iv8932SPau9zL3pvjr-0X8qw==

He was using a Crit Flame Totem Build with The Three Dragons and is currently Head to Head with SteelDD :P

His 6L Tabula was: Flame totem - Greater Multiple Projectiles - Increased Crit Damage - Faster Project - Added Chaos - Faster Casting

Although you may want to speak to him regarding the intricacies regarding the build.
"The question I must ask is, not what I can gain but what can I do."
As he was busy perma farming, I pulled things into my own hands.

The build i came up with is quite similar to what you posted, and the playstyle seems the same of what i immagined.

Unfortunetally, As a Scion the Crit Version is very subpar, as in the scion start wastes about 6 Points, which incidentilly can be all spent on 8% life nodes.

Regardless I respecced my character and have to say that the Crit Version, with only Infernal Mantle as a crit item out performs the non crit version by far.

I have approximatelly the same life pool but ~2k paper dps more, without power charges up.
Critical Weakness makes the pain unimagninable what this build dishes out.

Ill update my Opening Post for some Information and rough stat levels for those that are interested untill GraggZaunns post`s his full and indepth Version.

But Thanks for referring me to him!
I greatly appreciate that.

Last edited by Tyranastrasz on Aug 6, 2014, 12:56:53 PM
`
IGN: @GreggZaun
Last edited by Zaunn on Aug 7, 2014, 2:54:18 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info