First Build

https://www.poebuilder.com/character/AAAAAgEAAdy-ingNC2F5aMEEjr8bRcbY-ehBh7c-tfKpbp2KiDgW-cAaWfOsqiftxPY8LcaupwiPRh0U-tJmntrdFVCQVVivhyluqkrIPQ999cQVLPs5Dqlz2WEZLtw9Vw1fP3Z_5FEhVSECe4x-4J5Xf-ObWDH70iF25_e-8ax8uO8OJy_jnykuVEkaPqSs8i-8n-ufCAg37IQMkx1GaVhjpBkyCXJsbEZmT7I4gUnfb0MxG8heE4TvYSHi6gUtYEt673TtnrlAoIdq0uqUrWXw

What you all think?

I know I'm over by 2 points and I should be around 80. This is based off using 2 hand axes and everything that is equipped would add to this greatly.

I'm not looking to build a character off a skill or anything special, trying to create the best structured character.
Last edited by Broth3rz on Jul 26, 2014, 9:37:39 AM
And you made classic new player mistakes doing it :D

First of all, and most of all, you need %life out of passive tree. 200% life or more for melee. Some people call this game path of life nodes. In hardcore, they're right.

Secondly, before you build out your passive tree, it's really is a good idea to know what your primary skill is. Heavy Strike might be the best fit, but if you went for Lightning Strike or Molten Strike you'd be getting elemental damage and that complicates things. But if you have Heavy Strike, you'll have to do something about AoE damage. Well, a two hander has the advantage of having 2 potential 6 links, so they can get a second skill for AoE. Or a melee splash gem on heavy strike.

Anyways, you didn't take Resolute Technique, and most Marauders do, as it greatly simplifies accuracy issues. This is all the more true with axes, as swords at least use an inherent accuracy bonus and maces might use crits to stun. Axes, on the other hand, have the best flat dps. You also passed by some good nodes, I suspect you didn't see them. You seem to value stat bonuses, but honestly they're pretty meh. Resistance bonuses are nice but they're usually easy to cap with rares. You have some armor, and that's good, because two handers have no block and that can get ugly.

Those nodes that gave 30% elemental damage that you picked. They're kind of noob traps, because most likely the fire/cold damage you get will be from converted damage by things like Hatred and Added Fire Damage. However, they won't multiply your elemental damages by 30%. The multipliers are all added up, so if you have, say, 300% increased physical damage, you'll get 330% increased fire damage. In other words the 30% only applies to the base damage from which you converted a bit from. As a fraction of a fraction, they're usually worse than a physical node on a physical build. They're awesome on elemental damage builds, such as a Molten Strike build, but if elemental damage isn't a majority of your damage, they're not worth it.

Anyways, heres a heavily modified passive tree.

https://www.poebuilder.com/character/AAAAAgEAAdy-ingNxtipbsAaWfOsqiftkFVYr4cpLPs5Dqlz2WEZLtw9Vw1fP3Z_5FEhVSECe4x-4J5X0iH3vvGsfLjvDicv458pLlRJGj7yL7yfRmlYY6QZMglybGxGhO9hIQUtYEt673Tth2p82XKpGjinhFn-F-Fu2JHOGJFQRxQgpzCezT38jM_2SCXfG_qE2Ud-ZU2plJBsvqduaaFtuc1yu8AP0k0S4TboAef3TYCKJJtlpzB3JviVm-JhOlIJlusJ_IknIH31TjI=

I would suggest Kaom's Primacy as your axe of choice. A Wurm's Molt can do good things when building melee too.
Last edited by Broth3rz on Jul 28, 2014, 9:08:23 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info