Cintiq, The Inescapable

Heck, this guy gave me one hell of a beating. Use range and he flicker strikes to you, use melee and he uses ethereal. Sometimes, he does BOTH! How did you guys handle him, and did he kill you on your first encounter with him? :/
I have a problem with the act 2 boss.
He got me quite a few times now...
That spider? It's EVIL! :)

I think first time I got hit so hard with EK that I ran away, one time I killed it with help of some sort of distraction (decoy totem iirc).

Dynamit,
Architekturkritik, die man tatsächlich sieht!

Farin Urlaub
http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x2nz5q9
Just dont fight her without either oblirerating dps or insane armor and chaos res. Just dont
Ign: Leary_AscendedNecro
Twitchtv: leary93
Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCfzgUpVcv6wzrs5TwKZaGJQ
He sent a character of to standard too, in the early days of invasion.
Met him in The Library, Merciless, tried to fight him with my back to a wall - Needless to say that was a bad decision :)
strategy is simple:

as soon as you see a big, black spider across the screen
Spoiler
RUN!
Alva: I'm sweating like a hog in heat
Shadow: That was fun
The most important things to know are that her flicker always hits 3 times, the EK shoots 5 times. Once she start her EK she doesn't retarget, she shoots the exact same direction all 5 times.

In her corruption zone, slowly move up and pull away as many of the blue monsters surrounding her as you can. Ideally you just want to fight her alone. If you're ranged do what you can from off screen. Once she targets you get into as open an area as possible.

Once she attacks you're going to stay close to her, even if you are ranged. You can't run away from the flicker and when she starts her EK you want to have to move as little as possible to get out of the spray. Don't use any slow attacks that are going to keep you in place, you should only get hit by the first shot of the EK. Use a quicksilver flask to get to her side or a quartz flask and run though her. While she keeps shooting EK is when you do most of your damage.

For her flickers smoke mine is the best. If you can't evade then you should be ready to take it anyways. Vaal molten shell is ideal but her area often doesn't have enough monsters in it to get a charge. If you have little or no blocking, no smoke mine, and your vaal gem isn't charged by the time you get to her you may want to just back off. 3 big flicker hits and a point blank EK can easily kill a character with average life and armor.

If you meet her as an invader don't panic and run if she is already attacking. She'll just flicker to you then start the EKs anyways. Just get to an open area where you'll be able to avoid the EK. The spider mob she comes with is generally inconsequential. They aren't very strong and she usually flickers ahead of them. Seeing spiders in an area that up until now hasn't had any spiders can be a very good warning though.

For curses, enfeeble or temp chains are best, as usual. I personally don't like to use decoy against Cintiq because you can end up with her firing off her EK at the decoy when you're on the other side and not be able to get out of the EK spray.
When I kill a man he stays dead.
"
johnKeys wrote:
strategy is simple:

as soon as you see a big, black spider across the screen
Spoiler
RUN!

I agree with this spoiler.

PS: Instead of asking in global chat for help with a boss, corrupted area or exile, just run.
Shorty says
Last edited by kussekurt on Jul 26, 2014, 12:13:45 PM
Flame totems are my attack of choice for her, i can cast them from a distance, and they can keep her occupied while i keep recasting, its not perfect, but it gets the job done more times then not.
IGN:Axe_Crazy

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info