Need help with creating a 1h + shield cyclone duelist

So this is the skill tree I have planned, let me know what I could improve and suggestions for gear I could get to make it better. PS I have not started making the char so even early game / leveling suggestions are useful to me.

http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgQAAdwFLQthGS4aOBo-GtsbrRv6I_Yl3yb4Jy8n7SkuKaUu_zB3MZ4yCTWSNug4ljpSOuE94j38QXRHfkjuSn1N404qUFBT31RJVvpXDVhjWK9Y21nzWf5aSFuvXzlfP2BLZU1lp2egah5qk2xGbmlybHTtdit4DXiueWh673y4hNmE74d2iPGLT4zPkFWVm5krm4OgtKIPpBmmV6eEqBipbqvFrKqsr7XytkG3F7fTvJ-9gb6KvqfAD8AawQTKkMzb0iHSTdN-1e3Xy9lh3Q3d4-Jh45_kUe4O7w7v8PGs8i_yRfMG9kj3Tfuq_MX-Cv6P

The gear is going to consist of just high life and armor / evasion rolls, I'm trying to get as much armour as possible along with resist ofc.

Idk much about the gear I should be using for a tank meele characters all I've picked up so far from my other 2 characters is I need lots of life, armour and damage.

I've also had thoughts of using a BoR but I think I could get more armour if I used a helmet and chest. But a BoR would boost my dps a lot. I have no idea what I could do to improve it more XD I dont want to get to level 60 or 70 and realise I'm not able to do maps or that my build isn't strong enough.

This is a budget build so I plan on spending very little, so no items above 20c because its too expensive for me to buy XD

I would appropriated people leaving me any thoughts or suggestions on improvements

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Better idea :P

https://www.poebuilder.com/character/AAAAAgQABS0l3ycvOlJHflPfVElY21nzXz9gS2VNdO1674TZhO-QVZkrm4OgtKvFrKq8n72BwBrBBOOf7w7yL_MG-6qsrxmFJKo26eNqbmnAD9JNvqfV7bZBapNOKimlW6_dDfzFZ6CHdkp9-tIXL2TnVdaApGaecql82TiWtxcOPJ_LpzAUIBiRUEekrBo4p4T3Mo9G0NBVxs9lYSGezVW19012K0F0Zacwdyb4lZviYYZgE0zBozBPFHGkGRv6Gmzz3agY6hj46zboZKMaVR0U5FH2SIzPPfxYY1b67g4j9u_wWkga29fLTGCVZgSxPeK308bY

No idea about the Rings and ammy yet
Last edited by BruT4L on Aug 4, 2014, 3:14:29 PM
Im no expert and I didn't look at your skill tree,but I would suggest switching dyadus for Soultaker (unless your going for elemental damage instead of physical) OR If youre trying for elemental I would switch out the belt for +Life/Elemental damage.

furthermore you won't be reaping the benefits of the Leech from the parandus shield if your not dealing physical damage..Its still a decent shield regardless with the high block% But you could consider switching with Lioneye Shield for the extra Defense/Life(Block is alittle less though) Or just a good Rare with Life/Res...
"
Im no expert and I didn't look at your skill tree,but I would suggest switching dyadus for Soultaker (unless your going for elemental damage instead of physical) OR If youre trying for elemental I would switch out the belt for +Life/Elemental damage.

furthermore you won't be reaping the benefits of the Leech from the parandus shield if your not dealing physical damage..Its still a decent shield regardless with the high block% But you could consider switching with Lioneye Shield for the extra Defense/Life(Block is alittle less though) Or just a good Rare with Life/Res...

Thanks for the advice :) i think i might switch the dyadus for a axe with more physical damage so i can leach more. i didn't realise this. I would much rather keep the shield for the high block chance + the life regen and +to max. life
Dyadus is more of a elemental burning prolif type weapon and it's just not something i would suggest building a cyclone build around.

You won't be needing resolute technique with cyclone. You can't be stunned while using the skill anyways. You only have 220% life on the tree and that's at lvl 100. You should aim for 245%+ at lvl 85 with a melee build.

You can't really sustain cyclone off mana without a soul taker. You'll have to either use the blood magic keystone or run a blood magic gem. If you don't have a large budget for this build i would suggest making a 2 hand cyclone build and using the blood magic keystone. A block build with cyclone will take far to much currency to be a budget build.

You can try following this guide to help you out.
http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/873747/page/1
"
Dyadus is more of a elemental burning prolif type weapon and it's just not something i would suggest building a cyclone build around.

You won't be needing resolute technique with cyclone. You can't be stunned while using the skill anyways. You only have 220% life on the tree and that's at lvl 100. You should aim for 245%+ at lvl 85 with a melee build.

You can't really sustain cyclone off mana without a soul taker. You'll have to either use the blood magic keystone or run a blood magic gem. If you don't have a large budget for this build i would suggest making a 2 hand cyclone build and using the blood magic keystone. A block build with cyclone will take far to much currency to be a budget build.

You can try following this guide to help you out.
http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/873747/page/1

Thanks man! I changed it around a bit for more life and yes i do plan on using Blood magic. Im looking on xyz for a phys dmg axe now so i wont be using a dyadus.
Do you guys think a 1h axe with 200-250 DPS will be enough for this ? just good enough to be able to farm piety and dom nothing too hard
Bump

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info