Questions and looking for suggestions

I just started playing the game a week or so ago, and I have just started the next difficulty setting since I beat the last boss yesterday. I am wondering if my current build is ok so far, and if there are things I should change. I am going for a two-handed weapon duelist right now. Suggestions would be welcome, since I only just started playing a short while ago.

Here is my current build.

http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgQAmSu9gavFR35lTYTZJd8b-qQZbmm-p6mUkGyHamEhhO907XrvYEsFLUCg704otWFSVgQbqojtbUruFKCdnCeBOhpVZKM26K-iEPAB5_yJ6wkJlicgpzCezdIh974=
Your passives are alright, though some of choices at the bottom are often considered too far out of the way to be efficient. Especially Reckless Abandon, I'd swap it for By The Blade in a heartbeat. Since you haven't touched the dexterity side, I presume you're heading for Resolute Technique? That's good. You've also settled on swords I see.

My first concern however is that this isn't your build, just your passives. Your gems and items are quite important too. Without knowing your primary skill choice, its hard to give too much advice. Since you have no block, you'll need a solid amount of armor, and also want cast on damage taken gem linked to Enduring Cry and probably Enfeeble. Leap Slam is the standard strength movement skill, you'll want it somewhere in your build. You'll also want to develop an aura or two. Hatred, Determination, or Vitality probably. If you do choose to go for the dexterity side, Grace and Haste become possible. A Wurm's Molt belt is a common unique that helps level characters. A good weapon is probably the most important item for you though.

I don't know what choice you picked on the bandits, but people generally pick Oak in normal. I'd expect Kraityn in Cruel and Oak again in Merciless would work best for you.

Also, the honest truth is that melee characters are harder than ranged in poe, two handers are harder than sword and shield, and being new and therefore poor isn't helping that any. You may find your character runs into a wall in Merciless regardless.

Wicked blade, blade master, by the blade and possibly wrecking ball are the dmg nodes to aim for. I can't see how reckless abandon helps you much, Destroyer is ok, outdone by other nodes and stun duration requires some focus to be effective. It is outdone by mace stun, but I guess twohand + heavy strike + stun gem / end on stun could do some good.

Generally you are close to hitting a wall of ouch. Resolute technique will be nice to aim for. Iron reflexes too. And you are going to need all available life nodes. Likely also both major resist all.

Consider iron grip and spectral throw.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info