Wanna make a flicker striker! But need help!

Allright, so for nearely 2 years i have always gone for cheap builds, im not the kinda guy that finds a koams, or shavs and gets rich, im also not the guy who has any friends he can work together with. I play solo, i resort to self found, and i wanna play a goddamn flicker striker.

So having read all the amazing "guides" that say, all u need to do, is get 400 exalts worth of gear, and your good to go. and having played nearly 2 years and at most i had 10-12 exalts i feel like all these guides are pretty much useless.

I need some solid pointers, solid advice, as to how i can make a build like this work.

Shadow, with flicker strike, dual strike, a budget under 5 exalts.

im starting to level this character today, what should bandits/tree be like, should i get ES/hp? i see 12k Es guys, and then they so just get 800ES chests, i;ve never founda chest with over 300. i cant take that shit serious.

Pls help :<
If u want to go CI and shield+dagger you need money, its pointless without it. But there are anothers flickers builds, with a 2h wapons and life based wich are cheaper.
Well, core of the matter is that flicker is expensive at any rate. Flicker depends on one-hitting normal monsters in order to get frenzy charges. It is really hungry for gemlinks, requires some mana to keep going and toughness in order to deal with running out of mana or charges in the middle of nothing.

Flicker needs multi and splash in order to work against groups. inc. mult with crit, a source of power charges and well. Melee phys is nice. Specific colours in an armour that gives toughness enough to handle stuff.
Crit version it dependent on a good dagger.

As said, opt for 2 hand version if you don't want to get to know how to use the market.
Also, if you flicker for AOE dmg. and use dual strike for single you'll screw over your flicker strike, it gains "nothing" from dual wield and looses shield.
Could perhaps go flicker + crit mult + wed + prolif and hatred / Hrimsorrow gloves. That way you could flicker in, freeze stuff and kill with dual strike. Dual dagger with dualist / shadow has sweet synergies.
.... The base gear for low budget flicker would / could be Maligaros gloves. 29-30% frenzy blood dance boots (hoping for + 1 frenzy charge from corrupt) rats nest helm, 15% quality flickerstrike gem and a weapon.
+ at least a 5-link.
Pendarus shield would stay relevant for some time.
"
Viese wrote:
Allright, so for nearely 2 years i have always gone for cheap builds, im not the kinda guy that finds a koams, or shavs and gets rich, im also not the guy who has any friends he can work together with. I play solo, i resort to self found, and i wanna play a goddamn flicker striker.

So having read all the amazing "guides" that say, all u need to do, is get 400 exalts worth of gear, and your good to go. and having played nearly 2 years and at most i had 10-12 exalts i feel like all these guides are pretty much useless.

I need some solid pointers, solid advice, as to how i can make a build like this work.

Shadow, with flicker strike, dual strike, a budget under 5 exalts.

im starting to level this character today, what should bandits/tree be like, should i get ES/hp? i see 12k Es guys, and then they so just get 800ES chests, i;ve never founda chest with over 300. i cant take that shit serious.

Pls help :<

That's exactly my frustration towards the direction tha the game has taken,When i started my flicker strike guide,my gear was almost completely self found,and used an abyssus.Mobs were easier back then,vaal pact gave 100% leech effectiveness and it was very close to the shadow start(before scion was introduced),you could easily afford the mana cost cause auras costed much less,and it was a fun,affordable build.With the changes that develpoers introduced,the build became all the more expensive,just to be viable,and even though,now if you have the gear is more powerful than ever,i really dislike this direction and frustrates me.
And this goes beyond flicker.I mean we had facebreakers.A very powerful build early on,and with 5-10 ex could go and play the end game maps succesfully,while it could not in the least compete with the more expensive builds.It was a nice cheap build,for more casual players to actually enjoy the end game.And they nerfed it,along with BoR(the other key unique to achieve end game cheaply).I mean WHY???
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/417287 - Poutsos Flicker Nuke Shadow
Flicker build bad idea if dont have more more exlats and GG gears :).... otherwise the game will not have a comfortable...
you can flicker fairly well with bringer of rain.
Here is my 2 handed shadow flicker build at level 72

http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgYABH4FLQW1DPIOSA-rES8RlhXwGtshYCHAI_Yk_SaVKaUshTY9Olg-z0CgR35KfU4qUUdVS1b6WhpaSFuvYEthIWHiZU1noG1sbXtuaXBSdO108XrvfPV9dYTZhO-HGYdqh3aIa4oijDaNfY2_kGydo52qpcunNKmUqn-quLMOtUi2Qbb3vea-p8APwFHApsDzxLjSTdN-1QDV-N0N44TnVOd07g7veu_w8-r5Y_yr_MX-uv-T

It can clear 68 and 69 maps quite easily but 70+ I need to improve it.

The only thing I bought was the sword for 1ex and a ring for 4 chaos whilst rest
was self found.
http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/983185

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info