Still a great game, just honestly looking for reasons to keep playing...

Hello! So the Atziri patch seemed to kill off my character, I returned to the game a few moons later and somewhere down the line he got playable again, so thanks GG for whatever that was!

Problem is that I'm really struggling to do anything worthwhile at this point. I'm level 75, so levelling outside maps is slower than life, and I die too much in maps to progress either.

No doubt some of this is my bad decisions, but a lot of it is that I just don't find anything. One of my primary weapons (love the dual weilding boost, BTW) is a GRACEFUL SWORD. That's a level 50 item. And yeah, I haven't been farming the very high levels but I've spent a lot of time in lunaris (enough to reach level 75 dispite a shedload of deaths) and I still haven't found anything to beat a level 50 sword with a few good affix rolls?! Nothing?!

So obviously I don't trade and the game is geared towards that. But i don't want to do it. I don't want to be the best human videogame player, I want to be the baddest mutha in Wraeclast, and I sure as H3ll don't want that to depend on the pass-me-downs of someone so far above me they can afford to sell off what to me is a superweapon for what to them is small change. It just breaks the game for me. Eh... I'm not going to rehash the pros and cons, you know 'em already.

Point is, I want to play more, I want to progress my character SOMEHOW and I don't want to do it by trading. Any ideas from you good folk?
If you don't want to trade, then you'll have to farm. A lot. I think Piety would be your best bet. If you can't farm her reliably, maybe find a Piety farming party, or you're stuck doing regular zones.

The game is incredibly unrewarding if you don't want to trade. I myself noticed my character was getting relatively weaker and squishier as I moved from A3 cruel to A1 merciless. So I spent a couple of hours on poe.xy.is and bought some 1-2 chaos upgrades for each slot. Now, not only did I nearly cap all my resistances for merciless, I got a huge dps boost. There's no way I could have farmed up the same gear in a couple of hours, days, or even weeks.

I wish you luck, and lots of patience if you want to keep trying to progress without trading.

༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ Give moar Power Creep Pls

Well,since u don't want to trade i would suggest u simply party up with ppl, that way u get more xp, get more loot and its alot more fun then soloing all the time.

Maybe go look for a good guild so u have a nice group of players every time since random groups can be a little rough at times.
Thanks for the advice Druga1757 and Weertangel, should probably mention I'm an antisocial guy and don't like to 'party' lol, again just detracts from my late-night Diablo II nostalgia.

Have been farming Lunaris and Piety thanks Druga1757, maybe I need to run it more... I mean it's a prety good dungeon but after a while you do get fed up of the same thing over and over...
Did you try farming the Library + Archives? It's fairly high level, there's bosses on both, and enemies okish.
[3.22] 💀The Grim Reaper💀 - Hexblast Poison Mines Assassin
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/3347191

[3.22] ❄️⚡CantripN's Hadoken! - Lightning Conduit / Crackling Lance / Arc Permafreeze⚡❄️
www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/3229590
Retire the character and either build another or start in a different league. Once you start getting to the point where you feel that you need to justify "play", you need to find something else to do.
All I see in this thread is "I'm too (x) to trade."

Just trade.

Edit:

Also ironic you mention "D2 nostalgia" but refuse to trade.

D2 = Baal/Sanc runs/trading/dueling
Last edited by FadedCC on Jul 25, 2014, 4:04:59 PM
If you're not enjoying your current build or you feel like you're stuck then I recommend you make a new build. If you want to reach endgame with a competent build that requires minimal trading then copy one of the many builds posted in the class forums. It's not wrong and it allows you to fully enjoy the game.

If the current content is not bringing you enjoyment then I recommend waiting for the big mini expansion in 26 days.
"

Just trade.

Edit:

This is absurd! You could play self found easily in D2. Just do baal runs, or meph runs, or pindle, or nit, or chaos sanc or pit runs, or fuck you could go on and on!

You could re-roll chars and rush for hell-forge, do countess for runes. Cow runs for skill charms, it goes on and on like this.

PoE has none of this sort of solo friendly charm. It's actually pretty fucked up. Not to mention all the game mechanic problems like graphic optimization, desync, crafting, unique/item balance, ect...

All in all a good game, but with huge gaps if you play long enough.
"Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak out and remove all doubt."
- Abraham Lincoln
"
DarthSki44 wrote:
"

Just trade.

Edit:

This is absurd! You could play self found easily in D2. Just do baal runs, or meph runs, or pindle, or nit, or chaos sanc or pit runs, or fuck you could go on and on!

You could re-roll chars and rush for hell-forge, do countess for runes. Cow runs for skill charms, it goes on and on like this.

PoE has none of this sort of solo friendly charm. It's actually pretty fucked up. Not to mention all the game mechanic problems like graphic optimization, desync, crafting, unique/item balance, ect...

All in all a good game, but with huge gaps if you play long enough.

Meph dropped just below the highest ilevels. Pindle and Baal dropped the highest, along with pit, etc. The Hell difficulty Hellforge could drop up to a Gul* rune which was mid level. In PoE, there is the Merciless library quest reward, which drops mid-tier gems. There are many similarities to the game, including the RNG factor. This is no different than PoE. You can find junk shit gear off Dominus or you can find a Windripper. All you have to do is run around with MF to do it, just like in D2.

I self-found for most of my shit on my summoner during invasion until the end game. After buying some minor upgrades I was able to 200IIR/20IIQ in maps. I then found enough stuff to open shop/sell for currency too, just by running 200IIR and 20IIQ as soon as feasible in maps/bosses like Dom/etc.

Edit:

Ist to Gul*.
Last edited by FadedCC on Jul 25, 2014, 4:26:24 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info