Boost global XP by 100%

or even more

not everybody has 16 hours a day or is willing to spend that time on this game. when D2's levelling progress was slowing down dramatically (for me at least) at level 80, in this game it's more like level 60 (!).

hence, make it possible to get multiple chars to the endgame in a reasonable time for everybody!

PS: when I play Pokemon, I never do it on the console. I play with emulator and speed set to 500% to make the boring repetitive fights faster - do the math
since I have no hope for significant game design improvements in this game I am officially done with Path of Exile. done for good
Last edited by LMTR14 on Jul 25, 2014, 11:50:22 AM
This thread has been automatically archived. Replies are disabled.
+1: Pokemon is a very repetitive game.
Devolving Wilds
Land
“T, Sacrifice Devolving Wilds: Search your library for a basic land card and reveal it. Then shuffle your library.”
"
CanHasPants wrote:
+1: Pokemon is a very repetitive game.
some people take this game very seriously, or at least devote a large amount of time to it. i myself have played a literal fuck ton.

would u consider this huge boost to xp would invalidate work put in by the above mentioned players.

so for example-- player x - spends huge amounts of his time to reach lvl 90-100

next week ggg announces huge xp boost

player x - rips all his pubic hair out and probably murders whole family.

this is a bad idea.

this game was made for hardcore gamers, casuals just have to grin and bear the experience.
"
LMTR14 wrote:
when D2's levelling progress was slowing down dramatically (for me at least) at level 80, in this game it's more like level 60 (!).

And what difference does that make? It's just a number. In both cases, it starts slowing down as you approach end-game and slows even more drastically when you reach the point where you've outleveled even the highest level mobs by a significant range. In both cases, there is a certain maximum level that most normal people are expected to reach. So what if one of those numbers is slightly higher than the other?
Full doubling XP is a little much, especially considering the game isn't done. I wouldn't be sad to see the XP penalty drop by 50% though.

I wish they would just get the next act with higher level XP content out.
"
some people take this game very seriously, or at least devote a large amount of time to it. i myself have played a literal fuck ton.

would u consider this huge boost to xp would invalidate work put in by the above mentioned players.

nope. not at all. getting to 90-100 still would take long enough most players wouldn't bother. early levels would benefit most since early levels are boring since you don't have skill and gear to fool around with - early levelling is just so much faster in D2

the boring early levels (and by the way - races? wtf? who would want to start from the beginning over and over again?! why not have races that start you off at higher levels in the first place) are what has to be sped up so you can get to the meat of the game in a reasonable amount of time

or alternative suggestion: start chars off with 10 complimentary skill points. anything so you don't have to start from 0, with 0 stuff, over and over again

and to make everyone happy: a boost league for people who don't have all the time in the world, and a regular league with the current xp progression and better rewards
since I have no hope for significant game design improvements in this game I am officially done with Path of Exile. done for good
Last edited by LMTR14 on Jul 25, 2014, 2:15:27 PM
"
LMTR14 wrote:
early levelling is just so much faster in D2

Leveling was only ever faster in D2 because no one ever actually played the game. It was jsut get rushed through to CS/Baal and then join endless runs of those areas hosted by bots.

Besides, people are getting to maps within 24 hours and mid-90's in 1 week races. How much faster do you want?

"
(and by the way - races? wtf? who would want to start from the beginning over and over again?!

Apparently quite a few people, judging by the number of entries in most of the races. If you don't like them though, no one is forcing you to do them.
"
Hodari wrote:

Besides, people are getting to maps within 24 hours and mid-90's in 1 week races. How much faster do you want?

No lifers, neckbearders and streamers are not norms to benchmark anything against.
"
Taganov wrote:

No lifers, neckbearders and streamers are not norms to benchmark anything against.

They show what is possible to do. It is possible to get to endgame within a 24 hours(or even significantly less than that). Some people might be able to do that all at once on the first day. Even someone who only has a couple hours a day to play should be able to do it within a couple weeks if they have a reasonable level of skill(at least in softcore leagues, it's not THAT hard to get to at least early map levels). 2 weeks for a very casual player seems reasonable enough. If they don't have the time OR the skill, at some point, maybe people need to just accept that the xp rates aren't the problem...

Besides, suppose they did boost xp rates early on. What does that accomplish? Those same players get to endgame levels faster and then? If leveling up to that point was too hard for them now, getting good enough gear for maps and then grinding those for even more levels certainly will be far worse. And if you boost things so much that even those levels are easy for the most casual players, then what about the ones who DO have more time to play? Should they cruise through to level 100 in a week, get a full set of BiS items by the next week, and then have nothing to do for the rest of the league?

There's a wide range in terms of skill levels and how much time people have to play the game. There needs to be some balance between the hardcore players wanting to always have something to keep working towards while still making it possible for the casual players to experience most, if not all of what the game has to offer within a somewhat reasonable time. Right now, I'd say there are a couple of rough spots where difficulty jumps a bit too abruptly and obviously the Atziri system could use a bit of work, but overall I think things are pretty well balanced as far as this goes.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info