Troll... An interesting verb.

I feel that contemporary trolls lack elegance.
Have you made a cool build using The Coming Calamity? Let me know!
"
ephetat wrote:

I read that as "I feel that contemporary trolls lack elegance."

Because there's nothing elegant in what I see there. Just a complete detachment from the reality that someone may have died.
Warhammer 40k Inquisitor: where shotgunning is not only not nerfed, it is deeply encouraged.

Dogma > Souls, but they're masterworks all. You can't go wrong.

I was right about PoE2 needing to be a separate, new game. It was really obvious.
"
Charan wrote:
"
ephetat wrote:

I read that as "I feel that contemporary trolls lack elegance."

Because there's nothing elegant in what I see there. Just a complete detachment from the reality that someone may have died.

That complete disregard, the sheer amorality packed in a single sentence, I think, is part of what makes it elegant (in a terrible way, as with all quality trolling)... there is pretty much no way to respond to such an attempt, except voice disgust. It's not emotionally loaded, nor is it particularly lengthy, so one can't even poke holes in it, or undermine the poster behind it. It is surgically precise, and it leaves no opening.

This changes nothing of the base identity of the work -- scum of the earth causing trouble and distress -- but represents a certain quality of execution.

Perhaps elegance is not the right word... maybe finesse is what I was looking for.

Have you made a cool build using The Coming Calamity? Let me know!
Usually I troll on Sundays, my day off to relax and create entertainment for myself. If I'm not trolling I'm spending time with family, reading a book (currently reading "The Silmarillion") or I'm out at the gym. Most of he time I volunteer at hospitals, help senior citizens and mentor at the Boys and Girls Club.

Just to give everyone an idea of the type of kids I mentor and help. I had this brother and sister, they witnessed their mother get brutally stabbed by their step dad. They live with their grandmother and are unfortunately very poor. My job as a mentor is to distract them for a while and show them the lighter side to life. With that said, I don't volunteer for any selfish purposes, I volunteer because I myself grew up very poor in a very tough town and like to provide myself as a role model for young adults.

For me to troll someone is like being an exorcist, try to dig really deep into a persons mind. See how far I can push before they ultimately release their demons. When that happens I sit back because at that point the tread is filled with so much chaos it is interesting to see how humans interact with each other under stress.

A few things to note it is very possible to troll without insulting or degrading someone. That's not my style... I prefer to act as if I'm innocent and let others do the work for me. Consider this one truth... It's hella entertaining. God complex anyone?
"Another... Solwitch thread." AST
Current Games: :::City Skylines:::Elite Dangerous::: Division 2

"...our most seemingly ironclad beliefs about our own agency and conscious experience can be dead wrong." -Adam Bear

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info