So apparently google just bought twitch...

Source: http://venturebeat.com/2014/07/24/googles-1b-purchase-of-twitch-confirmed-joins-youtube-for-new-video-empire/

Could be problematic in terms of copyright for music (especially in some countries like Germany).
Would be nice to have some sort of youtube integration though (archived vids on youtube, etc).
"Fixing the endgame was hard - No matter how hard we buffed red maps, people would keep spamming Gorges.
So we turned Gorge into a red map"
Still no serious source. I call bullshit until one gets to see the official statement.

I do welcome our new Kappa overlords everywhere across the internet, thou. Kappa
Fuck twitch so hard. It's the polar opposite to everything I consider good and worthy in 'television'. It is a decay of the televised medium as a vehicle for anything decent.

Google bought youtube and while it's certainly gotten worse, it hasn't fundamentally changed its nature beyond the music issues and stronger enforcement of taking down copyrighted stuff. Google's effect on Twitch? I can't see it being categorically bad. If they want to buy that shit-heap, let 'em.

Overlords indeed.
Warhammer 40k Inquisitor: where shotgunning is not only not nerfed, it is deeply encouraged.

Dogma > Souls, but they're masterworks all. You can't go wrong.

I was right about PoE2 needing to be a separate, new game. It was really obvious.
"Unfortunately, this stream is not available in Germany because it may contain music for which GEMA has not granted the respective music rights."

:D
"Fixing the endgame was hard - No matter how hard we buffed red maps, people would keep spamming Gorges.
I can stream on Hitbox with no stream delay so Twitch and Google can do as they please. Also, isn't this old news?
"Danger is like jello, there's always room for more."
http://www.twitch.tv/vejita00
Last edited by CliveHowlitzer on Jul 25, 2014, 5:01:14 AM
"
"Unfortunately, this stream is not available in Germany because it may contain music for which GEMA has not granted the respective music rights."

:D

GEMA, the evil bastards who are too greedy to realize all people have to do is use a proxy or just copy paste the URL and download the song they block.
"
Nightmare90 wrote:
Still no serious source. I call bullshit until one gets to see the official statement.

I do welcome our new Kappa overlords everywhere across the internet, thou. Kappa

http://www.ign.com/articles/2014/07/24/google-buys-livestreaming-service-twitch

If more than 1 site say its done its probably legit. Wouldnt surprise anyone at this point, google wants the digital world and then they start annexing countries.
"
"
Nightmare90 wrote:

http://www.ign.com/articles/2014/07/24/google-buys-livestreaming-service-twitch

If more than 1 site say its done its probably legit. Wouldnt surprise anyone at this point, google wants the digital world and then they start annexing countries.

They're all (including engadged) quoting venture beat though... So he does have a point. But considering they've been in negotiation with twitch for some time it does sound legit.
"
I can stream on Hitbox with no stream delay so Twitch and Google can do as they please.

Yep, that pretty much. If GEMA will indeed take this as an invitation to take down video-game streaming for Germany, while many Germans enjoy Twitch right now, they'll likely work around it this way. I often enough say "Fuck YouTube" and just use Vimeo for example.

And I do enjoy my video game streams contrary to television not because I do like watching people play video games. I did so in the past with friends and continue to do so. If I had to choose between the terrible, stupid program present in TV all the time now and watching a game I am interested in, I clearly choose the latter. I have such a low opinion of television that I don't even have it at my place. I enjoy a book over that abomination our society spawned in their reach for low-quality drama soups. And if I have not video game streams to watch, I'd rather watch some high-quality fansubbed anime.

Fuck TV. Not worth the rant.
Last edited by Nightmare90 on Jul 25, 2014, 5:09:19 AM
I've gotten to the point that I told my wife we should get rid of pay TV (cable), but she still watches it. I can rarely be bothered anymore. Same shit, different channel.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info