Help with crit claw build please!

To start things off, I'd like to say I took a long break from this game and have recently just started playing again. I have a level 67 duelist that has 82 skill points and what I aim towards is a life based crit claw build, as my previous tree has been reset.

The gems I will be using

Chest
Spoiler
if 5L: dual strike, life leech, mana leech, multistrike, melee splash
if 6L(Tabula Rasa): dual strike, life leech, mana leech, multistrike, melee splash, melee physical damage

Gloves
Spoiler
reduced Mana, hatred, clarity

Boots
Spoiler
Maybe something with flicker strike?

I'm not quite sure about the rest, although I will try to find away to implement blood rage into my build.

My jewelry will have resists and "adds ### physical damage" as well as accuracy

My current build for a level 67
Spoiler
http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgQBAAYEfgUtBbUM8g5IEZYTwBXwFfYV_RjbGtshYCQ8JP0nqTF7Nj04ljpYPs9AoEd-SVFKfVFHU99W-ljbWm1br2BLYnlirGVNZx5noGp-apVuaXBScNV07XTxeu9_xoTZhO-HGYd2iGuKOI2_kAqZK5uDnaOdqp65ozqly6dcq8W3F72BvebAUdDu1QDWB9ad3Q3jhOdU6xTtdu4O76D3o_lj_Kv8xQ==

164% Increase maximum health
375% Increase critical strike Chance
201% Increased physical damage

I intend to pick up more critical multiplier and physical damage nodes on the way of leveling up if necessary

Would be thankful for any feedback
Last edited by Hello_brosky on Jul 25, 2014, 2:16:55 AM
Blinding speed, haste, claws of the pride and acceleration.
Exit dualist starting area via Dervish node and think twice before saying no to both + 4 dualwield block nodes.
Get IR or acrobatics.
Use the claw intrinsic leech, claw passive nodes with leech before resorting to a lifeleech gem. Consider Vaal pact.
If mana is a problem, with all the leech, use bloodmagic before mana leech gem.
Consider mind over matter and blood magic gem.
You miss out on the 2x ranger life 8-8-12%. They are better than other lifeclusters.

The build could be better and good gear would change priorities, use of auras would change priorities, seeing how hatred + grace would be sweet.

I'd consider cyclone 4-link for aoe and dual strike + melee dmg + multi + crit mult. + blood magic + faster attacks / blind. Possibly flicker + blind for engaging. Romiras for charges.
Thanks for the feedback, and I can already see that this is a much better build, although I do have a few questions.

Would there be any other way to get around that 1% life regen node? It really feels like a waste, unless you can tell me otherwise.

Also, would it be a better option to drop some of the leech nodes on the right-hand side, and invest in more critical multiplier nodes? After all, crit chance isn't really effective without crit multiplier. I could always use the life leech gem.
The dualwield nodes 6+4+12+12+6 out of the tree are quite decent, but they will require a point or two more.
Life leech and regen work well together, I would not consider the the 1% wasted, but I can see how it might be inconsequential. Leech works like: http://pathofexile.gamepedia.com/Leech 20% of max life per sec. life by % works alongside that "leech regen", they stack and both get better with more life.

The bloodseeker claw would make extra leech unnecessary and I guess there would be many ways of not needing more leech when the returnrate is fixed. Trial and error might be your best be as to finding out, if you don't have a set weapon in mind.

You could use a life leech gem, for the quality bonus. It accelerates life leech, but you'd have to discount either multi, splash, melee phys, faster attacks, blind, added fire, if added fire and hatred, then WED gem, blood magic / melee dmg on full life, increased crit mult, power charges on crit, perhaps even cast on crit / cast on kill if really creative, increased chance to crit, prolif for hatred crits.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info