upgrading a tab to premium for 15 points

If I buy the "upgrade a an existing tab to premium" for 15 points, which tab gets upgraded? Can I choose which one in game
Reason why I ask is because if I have, say, 8 tabs, I dont want tab number 5 to become upgraded becuz then, the stash tab numbering will be missing a "5"
Last one, i think :) But you can always rename tabs, hmm, not sure actually (have all premium now...)
you can't chose which tab gets upgraded, it's done by the server automatically.

best method really is to have all tabs on premium ;)
age and treachery will triumph over youth and skill!
"
geradon wrote:
you can't chose which tab gets upgraded, it's done by the server automatically.

best method really is to have all tabs on premium ;)

Or none. If you have a mental organization method that works for you, you don't need labels to know where things are. I'll share mine, just as an example:

1: Currency

2: Support Gems / Aura Gems / Superior Gems

3: Skill/Spell Gems

4: Flasks

5: Jewelry

6: Belts

7: Uniques

8: More Uniques

9: Rare Armor

10: More Rare Armor

11: Rare Weapons

12: More Rare Weapons

13: Misc Things

14: Stuff for quality recipe conversions (superior flasks, for example)

15: Stuff for other currency conversions (un-id rare sets, for example)

This keeps it all easy to store and remember where I put things, as well making all my currency the default page so it's easy to access.

The only thing I want is a search function for my stash so I can find certain items (especially gems) quickly. I'm sure many of you know the pains of trying to find that Frenzy gem in a haystack of random other ones. Perhaps an auto-sort function via type or alphabetical (on a per page basis) would be good too. Those kinds of features would encourage me to upgrade to Premium tabs, but as is, labels aren't enough.
"

The only thing I want is a search function for my stash so I can find certain items (especially gems) quickly. I'm sure many of you know the pains of trying to find that Frenzy gem in a haystack of random other ones. Perhaps an auto-sort function via type or alphabetical (on a per page basis) would be good too. Those kinds of features would encourage me to upgrade to Premium tabs, but as is, labels aren't enough.

Procurement has a search function since a few (?) patches.
"Fixing the endgame was hard - No matter how hard we buffed red maps, people would keep spamming Gorges.
So we turned Gorge into a red map"
"
"

Procurement has a search function since a few (?) patches.

If you're talking about what I think you are, I won't use third party software/add-ons with my game. I don't trust them.
"
IMKR wrote:
If I buy the "upgrade a an existing tab to premium" for 15 points, which tab gets upgraded? Can I choose which one in game
Reason why I ask is because if I have, say, 8 tabs, I dont want tab number 5 to become upgraded becuz then, the stash tab numbering will be missing a "5"

I haven't purchased any recently (all my tabs are premium) but last year when I bought a stash tab upgrade bundle on sale 6 of my total tabs (I believe I had 24 at that time) were randomly chosen to made premium tabs. What was worse as I found out the hard way was that 6 different tabs were RNG chosen in the 3 leagues I was playing at that time. So I had 6 different tabs upgraded out of my 24 total in the 3 stashes. That "sucked donkey" for me as the ones I wanted to make premium for easy access (name and color) were my R-G-B gem tabs, ring tabs, and 2 currency orb tabs. That means a ton of moving items around to get the desired tabs worth of items into a premium tab. That sucked then and still sucks now as its still an RNG pick by GGG which tabs get upgraded. (A big THANK YOU to Chris for going out of his way to help me last year. GGG support is the best!)

I find it extremely maddening and very poor decision making by GGG to tout a more recent change in the way new stash tabs are activated as CONVERTED remove-only tabs (if you have any) instead of ADDED empty tabs as being a "desired feature" by many players to not have to manually move items from a remove-only tab to a newly purchased empty tab. If many players desired to have a remove-only tab converted to a regular full use tab so as not to have to manually move items, then why isn't the same thing being done for the upgrade from normal to premium tabs? The answer of course is that GGG would have to code a way to let us choose which tab that we want to have upgraded (not just RNG pick one) and that takes programmer time and the too few GGG game coders are always on the next 4 month league code or next act code or whatever new project that is more fun and interesting to work on.

GGG never gives any priority (at least it looks that way from our outside looking in) to fixing existing problems.
"You've got to grind, grind, grind at that grindstone..."
Necessity may be the mother of invention, but poor QoP in PoE is the father of frustration.

The perfect solution to fix Trade Chat:
www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2247070
Last edited by Arrowneous on Jul 25, 2014, 10:51:42 AM
"
IMKR wrote:

Since GGG is about all things in PoE being RNG based this applies to stash tabs too. So RNG is used to randomly pick which tab is upgraded and you have no say in the choice.
"You've got to grind, grind, grind at that grindstone..."
Necessity may be the mother of invention, but poor QoP in PoE is the father of frustration.

The perfect solution to fix Trade Chat:
www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2247070
Last edited by Arrowneous on Jul 25, 2014, 1:09:41 PM
I have about 16 regular tabs and 50+ premiums. I like to show support and the tabs are the only manner I find useful to do so. I use the regular tabs as spill over for currency I've hoarded. Yep. I'm a filthy hoarder.

"
Arrowneous wrote:

I find it extremely maddening and very poor decision making by GGG to tout a more recent change in the way new stash tabs are activated as CONVERTED remove-only tabs (if you have any) instead of ADDED empty tabs

yeah i recently found out about that too when i bought my first premium stash tab bumdle.

i was really annoyed. ...

i really dont see this becoming as a extra tabs ... more of an "upgrading existing tab" but you end up paying more ..
Last edited by IMKR on Jul 25, 2014, 1:53:25 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info