Low Life MF -> 2H spec throw

So after running my first low life MF char (a witch, lvl 78 atm), I finally got a
to drop.

After a little theorycrafting, I think I'd like to start over and take a little different route...

2H spec throw!

Wait what? How you gonna do this Savage?

Tree ~Lvl 72
http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgAAAnEEsw5ID6sRLxGWFkAW-RcvGYoajx0UHaokiySwKPopTypbLYMvbzKJNj08jkNjRnFN2FM1VdZXyVfiWPVe-mTnZp5odG1sb55wUnC7cU135Xy7gKSBb4LHgwmFfYbRiDiIa4x2j0aUoJcGmZqaz5u1nYqdo53EnjynCLQMtUi297cxuJPAGsBRwzrEospK0hnW0dhN2RPaYuGI44TndOq662Pr7uw48-r22vfB-ej60vsJ_Ks=

I'm going to go with an aura build. I've calculated that I can run 4 60% auras (Wrath, Anger, Haste, Discipline), a 40% Aura (Vitality), and either another 40% or clarity easily.

For chaos mitigation & MF:

Also thinking about going 1H + shield w/
as weapon.

Thoughts? Old Char used arc, and wasn't very strong due to only having a 4L, which ran all my MF gems + culling.

I think this could stand to be a lot stronger, as I get damage from auras as well as crit because the axe can't be evaded.
Theorycrafter/Build Creator for PORTAL guild
@BlightScourge -> guide @ view-thread/1382667 (Retired till Mjolner is fixed)
Lvl 94 Crit Mjolner Marauder
twitch.tv/savagewolves
low dmg axe, wtf u want? 800 dps at top.
Just a head's up, you will be needing some form of "cannot be stunned" and "cannot be frozen". Lioneye paws & auxium should cover that; however you will lose IIR (perdandus belt) and 100% MF (wondertrap).

With that many auras, take inner force.

You would be far better of buying a 2.16 speed foil, and rocking the MF shield instead of that shitty 2 hander. At least your DPS would be in the 4-8k range.

you need to kill mobs to get drops.
IGN TylordRampage
"
nuub wrote:
low dmg axe, wtf u want? 800 dps at top.

Here's the reasoning behind the axe:
Increased MF
Culling strike Inherent
Attacks Cannot be evaded

This build will have far more than 800 DPS due to the fact the damage comes from auras.

Culling strike Inherent saves cost (don't have to get a 5L/6L to cull in parties)
Attacks cannot be evaded means I'm free to spec crit.

"
Gryphyn wrote:
With that many auras, take inner force.

Inner Force is on the list of things to take at higher levels!

"
Malone wrote:
you need to kill mobs to get drops.

Even with the low base DPS axe, this build should have no trouble clearing mobs.

"
Gryphyn wrote:
Just a head's up, you will be needing some form of "cannot be stunned" and "cannot be frozen". Lioneye paws & auxium should cover that; however you will lose IIR (perdandus belt) and 100% MF (wondertrap).

I don't intend to ever really take melee hits. My previous char has been fine w/o either of those uniques by using flasks (granites, res, with remove bleed and remove freeze).
Theorycrafter/Build Creator for PORTAL guild
@BlightScourge -> guide @ view-thread/1382667 (Retired till Mjolner is fixed)
Lvl 94 Crit Mjolner Marauder
twitch.tv/savagewolves
I often thought this as well.

Could you main hand the Culling weapon then swap to another set when you single target in order to do more damage until you need to swap again to cull.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info