Is this game more forgiving now?

I haven't played in over a year and decided to hop on my main and go to my old grinding spot and mess around. I felt way stronger now for sure but maybe the docks ain't the place for a level 80 to be now. Is the game easier then it was during beta? can I start a character and not worry about my build so so much?
The games difficulty wall has been moved back a bit, about act 3 cruel. But end game is still pretty unforgiving, with the exception of the voidbearer being a teddy bear now. But as lvl 80 character you should be able to face roll docks. Its a lvl 62 area after all.
Characters have gotten vastly stronger but the game also has many powerful enemies too.

I'm listing these difficulty changes of enemies to gather my own thoughts too, not going to list character changes since that list is huge.

- Enemies got a 25% damage nerf in may-June 2013. This was accompanied with a HP nerf that was later reversed.
- Rare enemies randomly spawn nemesis mods.
- Invaders/atziri/palace dominus/courtyard boss/rogue exiles are all boss enemies that are more difficult than what the game had 1 year ago.
- All enemies introduced in the act3x are powerful in some form. Evangelists have high hp/resists while having a physical spell that bypasses evasion, devourers have damage equaling a colossal skeleton while popping from the ground, avian retches have high damage especially combined with multiple projectiles, porcupines have a very high damage spike explosion on death..etc.
- Poison alchemists got a nerf.
- Lightning thorns was nerfed after allowing ranged attacks to be hurt by it.
- Devourers got nerfed.
- evangelists got nerfed.
- Reflect got nerfed.
- Blacksmith got buffed.
- Torture chamber boss got buffed.
- Labyrinth boss got buffed.
- Lightning form piety got nerfed(gmp/lmp no longer shotgun and shock got nerfed).

I've missed many changes on this list in regards to enemies but this was all off the top of my head.

Anyways the overall result is the game is easier in many places but there is many difficulty ramps(leveling in act3x). Characters have gotten a lot stronger too of course.
Last edited by kasub on Jul 24, 2014, 5:58:15 PM
From a SFO point of view, the wall that use to be level 50 got pushed back to around 60+.

Second half of Act 3 way harder than anything else, not counting maps.

Still at issue for me is how much the game changes at the end.
It still remains the most unrewarding and punishing aRPG on market.
Mind that unique drop rates are lower than OB, if you care about that.

But it's still the good game as you know it.
This is a buff © 2016

The Experts ™ 2017
"

That's just false.
Last edited by kasub on Jul 24, 2014, 6:04:45 PM
"
kasub wrote:
"

That's just false.

Yep, unique droprate was buffed outright, I almost had a unique drop in every session since the buff. Prior to that buff I'd grind a week and maybe get one Karui Ward. This being while my sessions are rather small in general.

I played OB and it was never better in respect to unique item drops. The opposite is the case, they did scale the small unique item pool based on base item drops which led to even lower unique item drops as there were not many base items to cover. They justified it with saying that there are many items in production which would then increase unique item appearance naturally. Luckily they changed around this drop system later on.
Last edited by Nightmare90 on Jul 24, 2014, 6:27:28 PM
NO. It will drill you deep still. We masochists love it. That is why this game has its niche.

"
chromafunk wrote:
NO. It will drill you deep still. We masochists love it. That is why this game has its niche.

+ 1
Just a sec let me grab a beer...@#*@ Ok how did I die this time

Learn the rules, it's the only way to exploit them.
"
torturo wrote:
It still remains the most unrewarding and punishing aRPG on market.

But it's still the good game as you know it.

Don't worry. General discussion was not nerfed. The troll skill is as powerful as ever.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info