rng on colour and linking sockets

Ok so I figured that a good way to describe rng for rolling colours is

You have 6 dice.

if you are rolling a es item each dice will have 4 blue sides one green and one red. That is your chance of getting the sockets you want.

If it's a duel item es and eV.

Each dice has 2 blue 2 green 1blue/green and one red if you roll a blue/green you toss a coin for the colour.

I figured I could apply this to sockets.

Again you have 6 dice
when you roll these dice each dice applies to one socket.
To get a six link u need a straight 1 2 3 4 5 6 then you need to toss 2 coins to see which rows link. If you toss and get tails on both you get at 1-2 3-4 5-6 link. If u get to heads you must toss 1 coin to see if you get 123 456 or 123456

For a 5 link you need 23456 or 12345 having two of the same numbers just means ignore one dice again you only need to toss 2 coins to see which rows are linked.

Does this seem correct???
Last edited by Drayid on Jul 24, 2014, 5:44:33 AM
this is not correct, probability to gat a colour is directly linked to int/str/dex requirement of the item.
IGN TylordRampage
"
Malone wrote:
this is not correct, probability to gat a colour is directly linked to int/str/dex requirement of the item.

/thread
"
Malone wrote:

Is that not pretty much what I said as

Int=es
Dex=eV
Str=ar
???
No, because it's harder to have offcolours with a chest that has 180 INT requirement compared to one that has 120 INT requirement only.

Other example :

Is not that hard to get because INT requirement is very low.
IGN TylordRampage
Last edited by Malone on Jul 24, 2014, 10:02:15 AM
POE Chromatic Odds Calculator:

http://shouldichromeit.herokuapp.com/

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info