Incinerate Combo

Hi,

I need some help deciding between supports for Incinerate.
I am torn between Added Lightning and Added Chaos.

My line of thinking goes like this:

Added Lightning:
- provides 44% damage increase to Incinerate
- lightning damage can be increased through curses like Elemental Weakness (along with fire damage)
- lightning damage can shock a lot(due to Incinerate cast speed) giving 90% overall damage increase(static blows passives)

Added Chaos:
- provides 71% damage increase to Incinerate
- chaos resistance can't be lowered through curses
- people say that few mobs are chaos resistant, but I have seen in-game a LOT of chaos resist mobs

So Added Lightning seems better by far.
Still I see that almost (if not) all Incinerate builds use Added Chaos.

Am I missing something here?

On a second note, I was thinking that CwDT + Lightning Warp would be a good combo(along with Enduring Cry + Molten Shell), due to the nature of Incinerate - stand still to have max damage.
Is the standard CwDT combo better? CwDT + End. Cry + Immortal Call + Inc. Duration

Any help would be appreciated.
"
nebunelux wrote:

Maybe the thingy about incinerate having 0 base crit chance?
Wish the armchair developers would go back to developing armchairs.

◄[www.moddb.com/mods/balancedux]►
◄[www.moddb.com/mods/one-vision1]►
"
raics wrote:
"
nebunelux wrote:

Maybe the thingy about incinerate having 0 base crit chance?

I mentioned that I can use static blows for 20% chance to shock + quality Added Lightning for another 10%.

30% chance to shock is quite decent.

Any other argument/reason?
Last edited by nebunelux on Jul 24, 2014, 5:33:43 AM
Chaos damage cannot be reflected, lightning can. Not sure if it's an issue though as I've never used added lightning on my incinerate witch.

30% shock chance should be enough. At least it is for me with 3 Dragon. Shock duration will be shorter however due to the low lightning damage.
Ranger builds list: /917964
When two witches watch two watches, which witch watches which watch?
If the witches watching watches watch the same watch while you watch which witch watches which watch, they switch watches; then, the watch switching witches watch which watch you watch.
Watching witches watch watches is not for the faint of heart...
Only that it's very easy to test both supports, they are the same color after all, it most likely turned out added chaos works better in actual usage. 30% of added lightning damage is probably unable to shock anything but normal opponents without crits even on max stage so people go for a consistent non-reflectable damage boost.

Haven't really tested it myself so I can't be certain.
Wish the armchair developers would go back to developing armchairs.

◄[www.moddb.com/mods/balancedux]►
◄[www.moddb.com/mods/one-vision1]►
Last edited by raics on Jul 24, 2014, 5:43:54 AM
yea, problem with low damage shocking is that it does shock mobs you dont need to be shocked (white, low health blues) but does not shock monsters you need to be shocked (blues, rares, uniques)
IGN: Eric_Lindros
CET: Timezone
So the lightning damage from ALD won't shock bosses and tough mobs.
Tempest Shield + Ele Prolif + Static blows would be able to shock bosses for quite a while, right?

Or should I drop the whole shock stacking idea altogether...?

Also another turnoff for Added Chaos was the inability to use a curse to increase its damage. As far as I've seen, people using ACD are not using any curse.

What do you think about CwDT+Lightning Warp? Do you have a positive experience with it?
"
nebunelux wrote:
So the lightning damage from ALD won't shock bosses and tough mobs.
Tempest Shield + Ele Prolif + Static blows would be able to shock bosses for quite a while, right?

Also another turnoff for Added Chaos was the inability to use a curse to increase its damage. As far as I've seen, people using ACD are not using any curse.

What do you think about CwDT+Lightning Warp? Do you have a positive experience with it?

On my build I'm currently using Added Chaos and it's working pretty good, better than lightning in some situations or maybe it just feels like this to me (elemental reflect/resist mobs). As for curses I do have flammability but I'm hardly using it i just have it because I have a free place to put it...

The CwDT+Lightning Warps works really good especially around bosses but sometimes it get's on my nerves so I keep removing the Lightning Warp from time to time... like if there's a giant pack that can kill me easily thanks to my low level gear it just keeps pulling me inside/outside the pack and I can't run away xD should probably get 60+ gear as I'm still with ~54 or something and I'm already 78
"

projectile weakness?

"

have you considered using The three dragons?
IGN: Eric_Lindros
CET: Timezone
have you considered dual totem incinerate instead?

its very safe and you can use elemantal weakness, frost wall and summon skelly + blind while the totem work

i use that with added chaos dmg because of reflect and resist elemantal dmg mobs, makes for a better average clearing speed
I hate the lab

SET FREE THE ASCENDANCY POINTS https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1609216

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info