chaos =/= elemental

For the purpose of "elemental damage with weapons" nodes, chaos is NOT elemental, right? So, these nodes will not increase chaos dmg mods?

Thanks
yep, there are chaos damage nodes around the shadow and ranger areas.
Chaos damage is never considered elemental. Ever.
"
Shagsbeard wrote:

Sure about that? ;) Converted Damage benefits from the source-type's modifiers. Infernal Mantle Converts Fire to Chaos Damage.
"
Vipermagi wrote:
"
Shagsbeard wrote:

Sure about that? ;) Converted Damage benefits from the source-type's modifiers. Infernal Mantle Converts Fire to Chaos Damage.

Sure about that. Chaos damage is never considered elemental.

And the fact of conversion doesn't make "chaos" an elemental damage.
It just makes it (in this particular case) fire damage. And it's not chaos damage anymore after that conversion (e.g. enemy's fire resistance would be checked instead of chaos, wouldn't it?)
Remember, suffering is convenient.
That is why many people prefer it.
Happiness requires effort.
Chaos, Poison, Bleeding ,and believe it or not.., Burning (which is diff from fire dmg) are not elemental dmg I believe.
Not so sure about Burning. If you equip gear that says "increased elemental damage with weapons" than I agree since the damage is not from your weapons, but if you took passives that increase elemental damage overall, I'm 99% it increased burning (at least when I used to play my EA build, I had a couple points in elemental damage and it was a fairly cookie cutter build).
"
Namcap wrote:
Not so sure about Burning. If you equip gear that says "increased elemental damage with weapons" than I agree since the damage is not from your weapons, but if you took passives that increase elemental damage overall, I'm 99% it increased burning (at least when I used to play my EA build, I had a couple points in elemental damage and it was a fairly cookie cutter build).

It doesn't directly affect the burning damage but it increases the Fire damage, which the burning damage is based off of.
"
GodTheUndead wrote:
It doesn't directly affect the burning damage but it increases the Fire damage, which the burning damage is based off of.

Generic elemental/fire damage nodes do increase both initial damage and burning, those are separate damage instances so there's no double-dipping, resists also apply 'twice'.
Wish the armchair developers would go back to developing armchairs.

◄[www.moddb.com/mods/balancedux]►
◄[www.moddb.com/mods/one-vision1]►
"
HarukaTeno wrote:
Sure about that. Chaos damage is never considered elemental.

I explicitly pointed out a situation where Chaos Damage is considered Elemental Damage. Are you kidding me right now.

No, it doesn't check against Fire Resists. We're talking about Chaos Damage being considered Elemental Damage or not, so I don't see how that is remotely relevant.

Shags claimed there was literally no situation ever where Chaos Damage is considered to be Elemental Damage. I point out, when Elemental Damage is Converted to Chaos Damage, it is considered Elemental Damage for the purposes of Damage multipliers (Increased Elemental Damage does apply to the Chaos Damage from Infernal Mantle's Conversion). This clearly discredits the claim of "never". And then you make the same claim.
Last edited by Vipermagi on Jul 24, 2014, 6:01:52 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info