How do people level so darn fast?

"
"
Chundadragon wrote:
Flameblast - Ele Prolif - Conc Effect - Chance to Ignite

in a 4L, preferably Searing Touch - one or two charges will ignite and prolif will kill entire group.

Thanks, Will this work without Searing?

Yeah but a 4L searing costs like 10 chaos so don't skimp :D
IGN: Chundaziri
8/8 Ambush/Invasion Complete - 21/06/2014
8/8 Warbands/Tempest Complete - 10/08/2015
And if you are fresh in a new league with nothing to wear (gear) Dual Searing bond will get you from lvl24 into maps easily..
Don't Touch my Sweep please GGG!
also as searing bond catacombs is way better than docks cause dogs eats totems for breakfast
Dogs Summoner - http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/885199
If your playing standard facebreaker build to 65. So easy to do and so fast.
Why nobody farm Library and the 4 golden page section? I found things are pretty easy and fast to kill tons of mobs there and I can go around and reload the map pretty fast before I collect enough maps to start doing maps. Is Dock and etc any better than this?
I usually don't farm at all until I get to cruel city of sarn where I get to at least 50 before I continue. Next stop is merc ledge where I go to around 60 (may stop earlier depending on how it feels). Then I go to sarn again for a while before I move over to either docks or cata where I stay until I get gear decent enough to farm Piety with. I stay there until I am happy with my map pool. Adjustments to this last procedure may occur according to build and rng.

"
ariesdante wrote:
Why nobody farm Library and the 4 golden page section? I found things are pretty easy and fast to kill tons of mobs there and I can go around and reload the map pretty fast before I collect enough maps to start doing maps. Is Dock and etc any better than this?

Docks has what is probably the best mob density and layout at that point (easy to find blue packs etc). Unfortunately the area level isn't great so I go to cata where I can get up to ilvl 69 stuff.

Why not library?

Well there are more potentially hard hitting mobs in there (rhoas, large skellies) which makes it dangerous to gather larger packs not to mention I think its layout is bad with lots of tight space and corners (beware of desync!).

In comparison cata only requires cold resist after which there are no dangerous mobs left (although necros can be annoying). Last but not least the marketplace wp is always right next to the entrance which makes it a lot easier to create new instances.

This is all just my opinion of course.

P.S. I play almost only self found, maybe that's good to know.
"
Fri3dchick3m wrote:
Crematorium is great after you are +4 levels over docks.

You would still get full xp from docks when you are 4 levels above that zone. So there is exacly the same xp as in crematorium.

http://pathofexilebuilds.com/exppenaltycalc.php

Pick an area that is easy for your build. Docks has a lot of fire resistant dogs. Don't go there with a fire build.
Last edited by kompaniet on Jul 25, 2014, 8:02:00 AM
Is my many many many alts I've noticed the following:

1) There's a big difference between a new build you're trying out/making for the first time and one that you've already established or going off a Flavor of the week build (like Elemental Buzzsaw, Flameblast or DD)

2) There's a big difference when starting a new league with new loot and grabbing leveling gear and good gear at higher level. Especially if you're like me and rarely trade.

3) There's a difference in kill speed between 65-80 for a caster than a weapon user. This is the point that gems start to really start slowing down on leveling up and spells have a larger portion of their damage come from levels.

Seems like what may be affecting your leveling may be the third option given your choice of gems. There's really no way around the, comparatively, low damage (which affects how fast you get exp) without having better gear or buying higher level gems to boost your damage. One thing I've seen people do, is buy their level 20 skill gems and/or 20% gems outright, and then when they get what they leveled up with to 20, sell them to make back that currency they spent on the higher level gems, while getting the higher level earlier.

Personally, I just play through the game in level appropriate zones for no exp penalty nor currency drop penalty. The only time I have to farm a zone more than once is in merciless because the zones don't give enough experience to be level appropriate for the next zones sometimes.
Good post psionickitten. It could definitely be a good idea to speed up things by buying some lvl 20 gems if you are a caster. As you say you can always sell the ones you are leveling later.

"
Personally, I just play through the game in level appropriate zones for no exp penalty nor currency drop penalty. The only time I have to farm a zone more than once is in merciless because the zones don't give enough experience to be level appropriate for the next zones sometimes.

This is how i do it too.
I carry several level 19 and level 20 Arcs to keep my DPS up past level 66, and sometimes I slot them in with Empowers.

Any good boot recommendations for lower levels? I start on Wanderlust and go to Blood Dance before using max mvt speed boots at level 64. Not sure if there are any faster pairs.
Spoiler
[2.2] KuteKitteh's CI EA Regen Tank - Durable w/10k ES, instant clear, EZ-Atziri, affordable!: /1625757

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info