How do people level so darn fast?

It takes me ~2.5-3 days to hit maps at level 70ish.

I usually start with Fireball + Ice nova + Glacial Cascade, moving onto Arc + Glacial Cascade + LMP/chaosdmg Flame totem around level 20-30ish. Clear speeds running the FT + Arc are pretty decent, sometimes I can just drop a FT on the run to let it clear an entire cluster by itself.

I farm:
Normal
Ledge
Southern Forest
City of Sarn
Docks

Cruel
Ledge
Fellshire ruins
City of Sarn
Docks

Merc
Ledge (to level 59-60)
Docks (to level 70)

Some items in my "leveling kit."
Spoiler

Any suggestions for faster leveling? Anything I'm missing from my kit?
[2.2] KuteKitteh's CI EA Regen Tank - Durable w/10k ES, instant clear, EZ-Atziri, affordable!: /1625757
Crematorium is great after you are +4 levels over docks.
IGN: Grave_Intentions
$$$ Grave Intentions Flame Totem MFarmer: I'm Cheap 'n' Easy $$$
http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/979802
"
Fri3dchick3m wrote:
Crematorium is great after you are +4 levels over docks.

I think you mean Catacombs!

Generally, you shouldn't have to grind levels farming in normal and most of cruel (could be justified in preparing for vaal, piety, dom).

General tips on what you can do to get better:

1.) Practice in races. These are great as they are competitive and give rewards.
You can also practice by timing yourself to get to a certain point (or a time limit), then deleting the char and starting again.

2.) Learn what skills can clear fast and safely (examples: freeze pulse, searing bond, molten strike w/ 2h unique, etc) (AoE is usually better here)

3.) Keep moving and don't stop to chase down that one monster that got away.

4.) Movespeed on boots!!!!! Less time walking = more time killing!
Theorycrafter/Build Creator for PORTAL guild
@BlightScourge -> guide @ view-thread/1382667 (Retired till Mjolner is fixed)
Lvl 94 Crit Mjolner Marauder
twitch.tv/savagewolves
imo skip ledge at all difficulties

rush to act 2 (act 1 is easy anyway) and farm riverways instead
Dogs Summoner - http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/885199
You're a caster, you need high-power stuff like Searing Touch to level fast ->

Nothing really levels faster than fire trap and flameblast.

General tips ->

When I level, I usually only farm these places:

Normal Sarn to 26
Cruel Ledge to 37
Cruel Docks if underlevelled for Dom
Merciless Coast to ~53
Merciless Sins/Riverways to ~60
Merciless Sarn to ~65
Meeps
IGN: Chundaziri
8/8 Ambush/Invasion Complete - 21/06/2014
8/8 Warbands/Tempest Complete - 10/08/2015
Having no life also helps out a bit. I find if you put in 14 hours a day, you can level pretty fast.. :P The only setback is that you are always at a different level of content than all your other friends.

But really, its all about DPS and clear speed. If you are using single target skills things will take longer. If you have low dps things will take longer. If you can clear an area super fast and move super fast the exp comes rolling in.
Question for you bros.

Recently I've only been leveling up with Flameblast and Fire Trap + Searing Bond.

I've found that Flameblast starts to suck at leveling when you reach Cruel Act 2-3. I only play solo while leveling, so usually Flameblast making me stand still and tanking too much damage sometimes significantly slows down leveling and makes it more risky.

Thoughts on how to mitigate?
"
Question for you bros.

Recently I've only been leveling up with Flameblast and Fire Trap + Searing Bond.

I've found that Flameblast starts to suck at leveling when you reach Cruel Act 2-3. I only play solo while leveling, so usually Flameblast making me stand still and tanking too much damage sometimes significantly slows down leveling and makes it more risky.

Thoughts on how to mitigate?

Flameblast - Ele Prolif - Conc Effect - Chance to Ignite

in a 4L, preferably Searing Touch - one or two charges will ignite and prolif will kill entire group.
IGN: Chundaziri
8/8 Ambush/Invasion Complete - 21/06/2014
8/8 Warbands/Tempest Complete - 10/08/2015
"
Chundadragon wrote:
Flameblast - Ele Prolif - Conc Effect - Chance to Ignite

in a 4L, preferably Searing Touch - one or two charges will ignite and prolif will kill entire group.

Thanks, Will this work without Searing?
pretty much any setup works (if you have twinking gear - if not - flameblast or searing bond or glacial cascade)

a1n - run trough it (however try to get some corrupted zones as some early vaal gems trivialize content in normal)
a2n - run through it
a3n - open a public party and run trough it

do all 'skill point' quests immediately

do not farm anything

cruel
a1c - run trough it
a2c - run trough it but be careful with bandits - attack the easiest for your build first. youll get few levels before reaching the other one
a3c - farm city of sarn, till you puke. and then open party and run trough rest of content

sometime before domino do all remaining 'skill point' quests. doing them right away might be dangerous

merc
get to fellshrine asap and farm there. switch to your build then and go.

Kripp year ago made a video 'how did i reach lvl 58 in 8 hours' where he describes the process in more details. it works even without twinking gear. key is to not waste your time looking for Solaris points and running trough the most time-wasting part (start of act3) with party, possibly getting waypoints from others

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info