Trade Hate: Which one takes more skill?

They both take as much skill as you put into them. Crafting a build that farms efficiently takes a lot of skill. Trading items with other people takes a lot of skill.

They are two different things that require a varied subset of talent. Bartering, item organization, trade management vs. Build optimization, mechanic and content memorization... each 'ability' requires a lot of skill.

So which is easier or harder? It's like asking if chugging a gallon of orange juice is easier than tickling a panda.
Trading can be fun!
Playing can be fun!
Yay!!!

If I had GG items I know I would likely get bored, quit and move on so for me it's more fun to grind and avoid trading.
"
rrtson wrote:
"
TheAnuhart wrote:
That doesn't even make sense.

You are not part of a pyramid economy because you came to the game 5 months ago and ended up with the amount of wealth that would require several times more people to actually find than you, the one person that now holds it.

Sure fucking sounds pyramidal to me.

Honestly, you need to stop using that word, because you're making yourself look like an idiot for not grasping the concept that all economies resemble a pyramid, in real life and in other ARPGs.

You're equating "pyramid" with exclusivity. Anyone can climb up the economic ladder, just like I have. All it takes is time-investment. Unless you're suggesting that wealth from the top should be distributed to everyone else, so that the economy now resembles a pancake. No thanks.

I don't know if you are purposely picking up on irrelevant points and non disputed points and ignoring the relevant, or what. But, here goes, I'll try one more time.

Let's use your real life pyramid economy and apply the IG situation to RL.

Yes, IRL we have a pyramid economy, we have people leaving school, starting work. We have family men working for their crust, happy with no promotion prospect but a secure income.
We have the career climber, making their way up the ladder. We also have the employers, the business owners, the tycoons. One day, one of the school leavers might be one of the top dogs, who knows.

How do you think Mr tycoon would do, IRL if the government moved all the workers abroad? All the school leavers abroad? If all the workers moved abroad, hell all the babies are born abroad.

The whole bottom and middle just fell away from the pyramid, the economy went to shit.
Mr tycoon isn't going to till the fields for the other tycoons and they aren't going to mine his coal. The country, the economy is fucked. The government have fucked up, big style.

This is your permanent league economy, the government are GGG.
Casually casual.

Last edited by TheAnuhart on Jul 23, 2014, 10:05:15 PM
"
TheAnuhart wrote:
How do you think Mr tycoon would do, IRL if the government moved all the workers abroad? All the school leavers abroad? If all the workers moved abroad, hell all the babies are born abroad.

30% of players still play Standard... :/

That's not the reason standard is fucked.
IGN: Chundaziri
8/8 Ambush/Invasion Complete - 21/06/2014
8/8 Warbands/Tempest Complete - 10/08/2015
Last edited by Chundadragon on Jul 23, 2014, 10:13:46 PM
"
rrtson wrote:
"
visiON123 wrote:
Standard items
Thread invalidated.

Today I learned: Standard has 100000000% increased IIR/IIQ when killing monsters, and top-tier items drop from monsters like candy. I mean, it's like so much easier to acquire items on Standard!

Can someone else confirm this? visiON123 might be onto something.

Yep, I have a total of almost 150% iiq, 300% iir on my low life summoner with legacy iiq rares/uniques and Shavronne's Wrappings drop for me on every third Dominus run.
Still in the alpha stage, but at least build diversity isn't an issue: https://wolcengame.com/home/
"
Chundadragon wrote:
"
TheAnuhart wrote:

30% of players still play Standard... :/

That's not the reason standard is fucked.

That 30% will always be decreasing.

Players leave.
New players come.
Default is now 4 month.
4 month leagues will ALWAYS have new loot and mechanics not available in permanent leagues, often never available in permanent leagues, ever.

That 30% will always be decreasing.
Casually casual.

I'll go with neither. Anyone who thinks they're showing off "skill" by playing a computer game has fallen for one of the bigger lies of your generation.
It actually does take some technical knowledge and decision making skills to properly succeed in the PoE market. But that's not what gates people out of playing the market as an aspect of the game.

What gates people out of flipping is having to deal with flippers. I tried flipping for a bit while I was working to get enough exalts for my first Shavs. I immediately regretted it as I was confronted with all of the least desirable players at every corner, trying to bait me into selling my "garbage", and belittling me for not falling for it.

So mad props for anybody who can make it flipping items. Not because it is incredibly hard (its fun and sometimes risky, but still something most people can get good at), but because you have insane levels of tolerance for negativity, much more than any sane man should have.
IGN: Ikimashouka, Tsukiyattekudasai, DontCallMeMrFroyo
"
rrtson wrote:
"
Kamro wrote:
Pretty sure OP loved vanilla d3.

RMAH no. I hated it.
Gold AH, yes. They should've kept it.

Current implementation of Reaper of Souls where items are account-bound? Hell no. There's absolutely no social aspect to the game anymore. No trading. Barely any chatting. Buffed droprates make items feel worthless.

There's absolutely no social aspect to the game anymore.

How strange,I had a great time socializing with friends and clan last night and even played a couple of pub games with some cool banter.

No trading.

Stranger still,I managed to trade/barter with several players throughout the night .... that I also happened to be socializing/chatting with ... while playing the game together having fun,while also finding items worth having/bartering .... rather than buying them off some faceless indexer.

Barely any chatting.

Even stranger is that everyone I played with was chatting in game party chat,skype and mumble.

Buffed droprates make items feel worthless.

You could always not pick up items if you feel they are worthless.In contrast to vanilla D3 where players dropped from a game a to do a quick round of shopping for their progressional needs,it's a godsend.

Just my opinion but,it's way cooler partying with others to get items than to solo farm gold for hours on end to go shopping for items. lol

Man ask for refund,your game sounds broken. lol

=)

Last edited by Temper on Jul 24, 2014, 2:02:31 AM
"
TheAnuhart wrote:
"
rrtson wrote:
"
TheAnuhart wrote:
That doesn't even make sense.

You are not part of a pyramid economy because you came to the game 5 months ago and ended up with the amount of wealth that would require several times more people to actually find than you, the one person that now holds it.

Sure fucking sounds pyramidal to me.

Honestly, you need to stop using that word, because you're making yourself look like an idiot for not grasping the concept that all economies resemble a pyramid, in real life and in other ARPGs.

You're equating "pyramid" with exclusivity. Anyone can climb up the economic ladder, just like I have. All it takes is time-investment. Unless you're suggesting that wealth from the top should be distributed to everyone else, so that the economy now resembles a pancake. No thanks.

I don't know if you are purposely picking up on irrelevant points and non disputed points and ignoring the relevant, or what. But, here goes, I'll try one more time.

Let's use your real life pyramid economy and apply the IG situation to RL.

Yes, IRL we have a pyramid economy, we have people leaving school, starting work. We have family men working for their crust, happy with no promotion prospect but a secure income.
We have the career climber, making their way up the ladder. We also have the employers, the business owners, the tycoons. One day, one of the school leavers might be one of the top dogs, who knows.

The whole bottom and middle just fell away from the pyramid, the economy went to shit.
Mr tycoon isn't going to till the fields for the other tycoons and they aren't going to mine his coal. The country, the economy is fucked. The government have fucked up, big style.

This is your permanent league economy, the government are GGG.

Just imagine that ... the top of the pyramid/food chain *shoveling their own shite* ..... I guess that's why empires and civilizations crumble eventually. hahah
Last edited by Temper on Jul 24, 2014, 1:55:07 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info