Trade Hate: Which one takes more skill?

You are basically listing one of the major reasons for hating trade 0o.

Its extra work.. Its not extra skill, or extra fun(for many of us) its just extra work. Work we dont want to do in a game we just want to have fun in.

Its annoying..
IGN
"
LSN wrote:

Higher droprates = more appealing, simple as this, as trading requires extra efforts, knowledge and skill which higher droprates (or crafting results = same) do not require while grinding mindlessly.

Please tell me that you are joking.

I didn't realize that altering search criteria on poe.xyz 200 times to get a picture of average item prices qualified as a skill.

Where is the skill in gearing out your character fully at level 68 so it can faceroll 78 maps without ever struggling with the content and grinding with said character?

If you think trading to 'end-game' is honestly harder than grinding to it self found then you are delusional.

Trading is a time sink, as is grinding. So you have to ask yourself do you enjoy flipping items on a 3rd party website more or do you enjoy playing PoE more to get your upgrades?

Obviously people that flip items will be angry that some of their customers left standard, but those people will be enjoying the new parameters much more, why not give choices?
"

Its extra work.. Its not extra skill, or extra fun(for many of us) its just extra work. Work we dont want to do in a game we just want to have fun in.

Its annoying..

Well compare it to other games then:
playing CS:GO or SC2 also is like work. You have to work your ass off in game to get stuff done, build workers all the time and create units. Its a hell lot of work to build up skill in such games.

Btw: Trading requires alot of skill. Forecasting if items of one kind or orbs go up or down is the highest skill you can train and develop in this game.

Why must PoE be a game that does not include a thing that involves work and skill while most other successful games are?
Even wow and the alikes include ingame work (afaik :D, never played). Why must PoE get dumped down the road to diablo 3 where you really have nothing to rely on than pure RNG?

It doesn't. And GGG is doing a fine job preventing this still.
Last edited by LSN on Jul 25, 2014, 12:40:53 PM
"
LSN wrote:
"

Its annoying..

Well compare it to other games then:
playing CS:GO or SC2 also is like work. You have to work your ass off in game to get stuff done, build workers all the time and create units. Its a hell lot of work to build up skill in such games.

Btw: Trading requires alot of skill. Forecasting if items of one kind or orbs go up or down is the highest skill you can train and develop in this game.

Why must PoE be a game that does not include a thing that involves work and skill while most other successful games are?
Even wow and the alikes include ingame work (afaik :D, never played). Why must PoE get dumped down the road to diablo 3?

It doesn't. And GGG is doing a fine job preventing this still.

It doesnt have to be, I just want the option to excel using different skills and working in a different way to what you want. Scary, isnt it..
IGN
Yes with SFL charackters in the existing leagues with a SF tag (that can be removed whenever the player decides to go into trading) - no problem - so that the basic player bases wont get split up more.
Last edited by LSN on Jul 25, 2014, 12:49:15 PM
"
LSN wrote:
Yes with SFL charackters in the existing leagues with a SF tag (that can be removed whenever the player decides to go into trading) - no problem - so that the basic player bases wont get split up more.

That's great. Its just unfortunate that the drop rates are still horrible, crafting is still bad, and the game still centers on a concept that has nothing to do with actually playing the game.
Standard Forever
"
iamstryker wrote:
"
LSN wrote:

That's great. Its just unfortunate that the drop rates are still horrible, crafting is still bad, and the game still centers on a concept that has nothing to do with actually playing the game.

This is right and the reason for SFLs necessarily needing increased droprates/crafting results (undebatable actually). But then, if this was going to happen, they would instantly be more appealing than the regular ones.

To shorten it up: I don't want PoE to change and go into the D3 roots and become all self found. I would immediatly quit and never return (100%) even tho I am not a hardcore trader.
Last edited by LSN on Jul 25, 2014, 1:01:11 PM
It's kind of a shame that this game is tailored to those who play in groups and trade. If you try to maintain maps solo you will burn your currency. And if you wish to do anything endgame with no trading be prepared to farm for endless hours. It's a game with lots of cool stuff but it's not a game made for me even though i tried for a long time.
"
danonon wrote:
It's kind of a shame that this game is tailored to those who play in groups and trade. If you try to maintain maps solo you will burn your currency. And if you wish to do anything endgame with no trading be prepared to farm for endless hours. It's a game with lots of cool stuff but it's not a game made for me even though i tried for a long time.

And this is something that GGG needs to get fixed. No SFL is needed for that.

And exactly this is what ppl (including me) are talking about when saying that GGG should focus their resources on improving the actual game instead of working on a SFL. And I bet they are doing smth about it (the endgame) right now.

E.g. a solution would be that each player has to pay a fee to get a portal to the map so that 1 player = 1 portal is equal to 6 players = 6 portals. But really more than smth. like this is required to get the endgame more interesting.

This way I would play maps in groups of 2-4 players instead of 6.
Last edited by LSN on Jul 25, 2014, 1:12:50 PM
"
LSN wrote:
"
danonon wrote:

And this is something that GGG needs to get fixed. No SFL is needed for that.

And exactly this is what ppl (including me) are talking about when saying that GGG should focus their resources on improving the actual game instead of working on a SFL. And I bet they are doing smth about it (the endgame) right now.

E.g. a solution would be that each player has to pay a fee to get a portal to the map so that 1 player = 1 portal is equal to 6 players = 6 portals.

This way I would play maps in groups of 2-4 players all the time.

You dont seem to get that some of us at least dont JUST want an SFL to fix those problems, we just want a separate league(though im fine with just having it as a character option in the current leagues, I dont speak for everyone) Its not to fix the problems.
IGN

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info