3,000+ Hours Played Feedback (Nothing New)

After playing this game for thousands of hours I have come to the following conclusions, as have many others. These are listed in order of importance.

1. PoE has Horrible Drop Rates (both currency and uniques)

In 3,000+ hours played I have yet to have any end game uniques drop. Soul Taker, Shavs, Kaoms, Auxium, Crown of Eyes, Void Battery, Mjolnir etc.

Currency Drops are also horrible. I have had 1 Eternal, 6-10 exalts drop, and 1-2 divines. This is far too low for thousands of hours played, and is a reason many leave this game.

2. Desync

Desync itself is annoying, but pair it with 10% death exp loss at 92+ and its just not worth it to level or play anymore.

3. Horrible RNG crafting system

In this game you are better off stockpiling orbs and buying the gear you want, rather than crafting it. This is a failed example of a crafting system in my opinion.

4. No end game content

What do you do once you have leveled your character and finally obtained the gear you want through trading?

Nothing... That's the problem with PoE endgame. There isn't one.
IGN: lVlage (96 Witch)
Last edited by lVlage on Jul 23, 2014, 1:58:27 PM
This thread has been automatically archived. Replies are disabled.
100% true and these are a few of the same things that finally made me quit as well. If not for being able to access another game that I used to play, and that had previously been blocked in China (EQ), I would've forced myself to keep playing PoE simply because I had already sunk so much time and money into it. I feel a great deal of relief now that I quit PoE, as well a geat deal of happiness that I can access EQ again.
Last edited by Gemdraco on Jul 23, 2014, 6:00:54 PM
Endgame is mapping or rerolling. Your currency drops are oddly low for that many hours. It is always better to buy the item, unless the item you want doesn't exist. There's no way around this. And desync is what it is. Best one can do is play around it. Or rather, play to prevent it
"
SL4Y3R wrote:
Endgame is mapping or rerolling. Your currency drops are oddly low for that many hours. It is always better to buy the item, unless the item you want doesn't exist. There's no way around this. And desync is what it is. Best one can do is play around it. Or rather, play to prevent it

Indeed.

"Currency Drops are also horrible. I have had 1 Eternal, 6-10 exalts drop, and 1-2 divines."

I'm at just over double that /played.

His 1 eternal correlates well, I just got my 2nd this week.

His 6-10 exalts is really low, I'm well over 100.

His 1-2 divines is extremely low, I'm probably well over 50, they seem to drop a little over half as often as exalts.

I could only put this down to how much of that 3,000 hours is actively killing beasties and of course opening chests and breaking pots.

It's worth noting, while boss runs focused on rushing the boss and repeating will net high currency by way of trading up and selling items, they are going to drop very few exalts.

I think Piety, for example has dropped me 1 single exalt in probably 1,000's of kills. The trash, chests and pots on route to her, though, dozens.
Casually casual.

You and TheAnuhart(6000H) should have been rewarded somehow:
http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/978894
Crap drops and lolrng with the crafting have me really struggling to stay motivated to play. But what can ya do except bitch on the forums? Yay!
Your drop rates seem low, i have 1500 hours played, and got 0 eternals, ~10 exalts and ~5 divines. Anyway i kind of agree with rest of your post
...„kokot“, „piča“ a „jebať“. Tři důvody, proč mám rád slovenštinu. - najlepší český výrok 2014
"
SL4Y3R wrote:
Your currency drops are oddly low for that many hours.

Mine isn't much better. Still seems like a legitimate complaint even if he found twice as many.

"
SL4Y3R wrote:
It is always better to buy the item, unless the item you want doesn't exist. There's no way around this.

There is a way around it called SFL.
Standard Forever
Last edited by iamstryker on Jul 24, 2014, 6:03:13 AM
No endgame? i assume you run uber atziri with zero problems then
- You are not supposed to use the orbs you find for crafting. GGG wants you to trade. You woudn't want to trade if you cound craft.

- You are not supposed to find best uniques because GGG wants you to trade your orbs for them.

- Orbs drop rate is low? Even with those rates people have huge piles of currencies. Why? Because they trade. Given the current game philosophy orb drop rates should be lowered.

- If drop rates are better for both currency and items, people will have less reasong to RMT. Unacceptable!

I'm glad that more and more people are starting to see those flaws anad quit over them. Maybe one day we will have better game or at least different options.

Don't get me wrong I play and enjoy the game in general. I just think it can be twice as good and twice as versatile. (ability to add leagues/races).

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info