Flicker strike and skills to help prevent desync

Hello !

I hope this subject has not been fully covered yet. This is not a whning post about desync, but an approach for easy things to help players against this trouble.

I always used to play ranged chars, like witch or ranger. Recently I decided to try a shadow. And I had some little fun with flicker strike.

I noticed that Flicker sometimes teleport me far from where I should be. But I noticed I never have desync right after flicker strike.
After different testing, I noticed that /oos after a flicker strike never change my position.

So here my first question : does flicker strike takes info from server to get position, so it avoids desync ?

If so, and that's the most important thing I want to ask : are there other skills that behave the same ?
Lightning warp maybe ?

I also have a duellist which uses mainly cyclone, and this skill is well known to be a desync generator. If there was a skill like flicker strike that does something and prevent desync, I'd be glad to keep a slot for it, and use it here and then to avoid some desync.

Thank you for reading, and my apologies if my english isn't good, that's not my native language.
Last edited by Pulsahr on Jul 23, 2014, 11:00:09 AM
not sure but my Crit Shadow that uses Flicker Strike chains does occasionally get desynced. and occasionally desynces the player :)
Not as noticeable as desync cyclone combine with flicker. I have once traveled a whole screen in an unstoppable uncontrollable cyclone spin after a desync flicker lasting for 7 to 8s.
I guess I was lucky then.

Thank you anyway :)

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info