please help me POE is taking over my life @_@

Its called addiction, it happens to the weak minded.

And I dont mean that in a funny way...

Just because I'm paranoid doesn't mean they're not out to get me.
"
wootzRn wrote:
"
JeIlySickLe wrote:
saying "p.s" in a forum post

topkek

Nothing wrong with that.

P.S. stands for "post-scriptum." It means something added after a letter or other written communication, for instance adding a detail. Here is an example: Dear Mom, Thanks for the Christmas tree. It's been fun. The kids are learning how to decorate it. It's getting really pretty. Thanks for everything to put under it as well. I know the kids will be excited. Brenda p.s. It is really cold here, we might even have a white Christmas. You would love it.

P.S. Google search

That's true for letters, when you write with ink on paper you might have forgotten something, but you won't start all over again, so you write a post-scriptum. Using "p.s." on forums (or any texts on computers like emails etc.) is therefore a bit odd and lazy, since you can modify your text easily in that context.
IGN : @Morgoth
"
Its called addiction, it happens to the weak minded.

And I dont mean that in a funny way...

Yeah, it isnt funny. Milions of people everyday play games. Only few % play for real "fun" of playing.

Others escape or try to be someone better that they are in real life.
This is artifical world - its tempting, because u can be anyone you want.
But this is an illusion Exile.

Blizzard is creating their games to be more and more addictive.
One more map... one more time ... I will find this Unique for sure and i will be the best !

Total bullshit. Find your own way outlander !
what about addiction to work or to music? In some cases, games are also a work. Can be simply a passion, or a "kill-time", or stay with friends? Nothing to do with the drugs...
IGN: SeaLaser
Sea Builds, Characters, Shops, Links & Records:
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/972683/
Last edited by RoyalStar on Jul 23, 2014, 8:30:06 AM
"
what about addiction to work or to music? In some cases, games are also a work. Can be simply a passion? nothing to do with the drugs...

This is VERY common answer when i tell someone that he is addicted.
You can be addicted to everything, neither of this is good.

I don't care if someone is addicted to music or games or screaming at people.

You can always see what happens with you when you are addicted:

It's always escapism. You lose friends because friends "online" aren't your friends. They don't give a shit about you.
In most cases you can't be addicted to music because you can always STOP doing music or listening to music.
It's much harder to stop playing games because if "music" is like "weed" then games are like "heroine".

When you play games, real world changes very much to you. You are becoming lazy, because games are for lazy people who want MAX things for MINIMUM effort. Clicking mouse and sitting for 8 hours its so easy right ?

It's so easy to be "someone" in game. That's why people play WoW. But to be honest they are nobody, no one will respect them for playing games.

If u will create great peace of music, or if u will become a champion in crossfit. That will only improve your real character.

Yes games also can improve you imagination and so but they also destroy you.
You start being someone else, without passion, without power for life.

If you play only for real fun, like you play basketball or badminton - this is fine. But most of MMORPG players, are so f...king addicted that they aren't even conscious of that.
First of all ask yourself

1. why you play ? killing time ? nah there is something Deeper !

You are alone ?
Your parents drink?
You want to be Someone, but you can't be someone in real life or you don't belive in yourself ?
You want to escape?
You think that this world is shit ?

Those are some real reasons why you play games.
Think about it deeper.

Agree with something you write, but I feel it's too generalize, because happens to much people, but don't think it's a majority. Majority of gamers are casual camers, then there is a minority that simply play too much, that is bad for everything. The "too much" is always bad, always do the "right", like when drink, eat, work, etc.
It's hard to describe hardcore gamers.

Who is hardcore ?
Sometimes 1h-2h Each day is hardcore. Because it is your escapism. If u feel uncomfortable when u dont play this 1-2h everyday, i think that something is also wrong.

But everyone should this about it in their own way.
We can't generalize as you said.
Still we should be aware of "reasons" of playing.
I play with smile on my face. I'm having fun. If i don't play i don't care, im composing music, spending time with my girlfriend or going for crossfit.

But there was a time, when I was escaping a lot.
There was a time, where I played a lot too, depend of periods, well, nice arguments, but time to go. :)
Last edited by RoyalStar on Jul 23, 2014, 8:57:11 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info