A new Mortal Conviction, a Vaal Gem notable.

Currently Mortal Conviction is extremely lacklustre to say the least. This combined with the prevalence of auras in the current meta means Blood Magic isn't quite as attractive and relevant a Keystone as it used to be.

Keeping the notable's current focus is problematic. Make it too strong with auras and an entirely new low-life build dominating everything is just waiting to happen. Simply giving it a free aura would probably work but is greatly lacking in creativity allowed.

Instead I would suggest completely changing the notable's direction. Embrace that the Blood Magic Keystone essentially means no auras and give it another focus instead.

Vaal Gems.

They fit in perfectly if you ask me. The defining theme of both is sacrifice. As such I would redo Mortal Conviction as follows.

Mortal Conviction:
For every 10% life you spend for skills you gain 1 soul.
My vision for a better PoE: http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/863780
This thread has been automatically archived. Replies are disabled.
Your suggestion's concept is pretty good, tbh.
Naturally the % would need tweaking, but the idea is nice.

Still, the whole Vaal Gem soul generation needs redesign.
Forum Warrior - Why are you creating a thread about this subject? Use Search!
Also Forum Warrior - Nice necro.
its about casting a vaal skill more often...again. Theyre one offs, they dont need to be cast more often.
"
its about casting a vaal skill more often...again. Theyre one offs, they dont need to be cast more often.

A lot of the time they're zero offs.

And the suggestions forum isn't to discuss what stuff IS about, but what it SHOULD be.

And Vaal Skills as "bonus clean up skill after killing trash" is a stupid design.
Last edited by Nurvus on Jul 24, 2014, 6:29:24 AM
"
Nurvus wrote:
"

A lot of the time they're zero offs.

And the suggestions forum isn't to discuss what stuff IS about, but what it SHOULD be.

And Vaal Skills as "bonus clean up skill after killing trash" is a stupid design.

Then youre doing it wrong. I can clear out the screen with most of them. That is what theyre for, kill mobs not bosses. Boss kills are supposed to take a while that makes them bosses, if you could vaal skill 1 shot them that would be stupid.
"
Then youre doing it wrong. I can clear out the screen with most of them. That is what theyre for, kill mobs not bosses. Boss kills are supposed to take a while that makes them bosses, if you could vaal skill 1 shot them that would be stupid.

So to you, the ability to build souls during boss fights = vaal skills 1 shotting bosses.

You should try reading your own posts - some of them are so stupid it's not even funny.
Most of your criticism in any thread has ZERO thought behind it. You don't even seem to try.

Because a) you can already reach bosses with enough Souls to use Vaal Skills against them;
b) this suggestion doesn't make Vaal Skills stronger, so either a Vaal Skill ALREADY 1 shots bosses, or it still won't;
and c) even with the ability to build souls during boss fights, a Vaal Skill alone would never be able to build enough souls for a continuous vaal skill spam.
Last edited by Nurvus on Jul 25, 2014, 6:18:07 AM
"
Gobla wrote:
Currently Mortal Conviction is extremely lacklustre to say the least. This combined with the prevalence of auras in the current meta means Blood Magic isn't quite as attractive and relevant a Keystone as it used to be.

Keeping the notable's current focus is problematic. Make it too strong with auras and an entirely new low-life build dominating everything is just waiting to happen. Simply giving it a free aura would probably work but is greatly lacking in creativity allowed.

Instead I would suggest completely changing the notable's direction. Embrace that the Blood Magic Keystone essentially means no auras and give it another focus instead.

Vaal Gems.

They fit in perfectly if you ask me. The defining theme of both is sacrifice. As such I would redo Mortal Conviction as follows.

Mortal Conviction:
For every 10% life you spend for skills you gain 1 soul.

+1.

This alone might make not only Blood Magic worthwhile as a keystone but vaal skills actually usable to builds that use this.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info