My 2000 hours of playtime feedback thread

Hi everyone

I've been meaning to write a thread like this for awhile, and tonight seems like a good enough night.

I've really been enjoying this game a lot, 2000+ hours since this past November, which is many more hours than I work in an entire year. I'm probably one of the older players on here, been playing video games since 1982 or so when I was a little boy. I have a few toons over level 80, 1 at level 90.

Here's the things that are awesome about the game:
-passive tree. I love the build specialization, even though we all know you gotta get a shav's and run tons of auras pretty much to be OP for endgame stuff :). But I love the idea that somehow, someway, there is some combo of crap uniques like veil of the night that will be awesome if we just figure out the riddle.
-gems (a lot like materia from final fantasy, love that)
-the excitement of killing monsters
-the lore (harder to follow, I think as evidenced by how hard it is to get the "all ears" achievement, but pretty cool overall)
-group mapping (CAN be fun, esp. with people from around the globe. I love when I meet NICE people. Except for laggy builds, which kill my fps. Sorry summoners. CoC Dischargers are fine because they clear the map for me :))
-getting uniques. I've had pretty good luck I guess, nothing crazy awesome. Found a legacy BoR back in domination, found a bino's a few months ago, couple of aegis auroras, rainbowstrides, maligaros.....nothing great. But still fun to see that brown column and hear that sound.

Stuff that sucks:
-Desync. I've lost 100's of hours and many skill points by now due to this. I can handle losing 10% when it's my own fault but it really makes me mad and angry when it's not my fault.
-Getting killed from off screen mechanics. Just lost 20% tonight from that on a 66 map. On a level 82 toon. 82. yes, level 82 in a 66 mapd. That flameblast exile. Couldn't even see the ring because it was one of those daytime jungle zones that makes it hard to see. Got killed once, couldn't believe it, so I went back to see what it was to learn my lesson. Got killed again, this time I did see the flameblast ring, but it was so fast I couldn't move out of the way fast enough. Still didn't help me learn my lesson because there is no way I will ever be able to see that ring soon enough. I have 75% resists, running 80% PoF. I know I've read other threads on here about that exile and others have found him really frustrating.
-6L chances. I have 900+ fusings, too scared to even attempt to 6L something because I'm afraid of what i might do if I don't get a 6L.
-Chance orbs. I've spend 100's if not 1000's on siege axes trying to get a soultaker. Nope. not to mention all the gavels and other things I've chanced. nope.
-drop rates for orbs. I've found 6ex in 2000+ hours of gameplay in 8 months. Never have seen an eternal, no mirrors. I kinda like the idea of them being removed from the game, based upon some other threads I've read on here.
-map drops. I used to have level 73 maps, now I'm back down to level 67s. I had 1 level 77 map I found and that's it. C'mon GGG, this is BS. I run 5 maps with 0 map drops, then I find 1 level 70. Then i play it and no map drops in it. Back to level 66. Then I find like 5 maps in a level 66 map (which I'm now forced to be playing since I have no other maps) and they're all level 66's. Gimmee a break, this is a really crappy design. And on nights like tonight when I lost 50% xp to some other BS, I really want to play higher maps to get back my xp. Playing with others CAN be fun, but usually everyone else has lag builds or they run the map in an inefficient manner and takes extra long. Or it's all level 77+ maps and they want a fee and let's be honest, none of my toons pull their weight in those.
-melee sucks. I have a level 90 2H sword scion that is pretty fun but she sucks. Got a 6L terminus est I traded 20ex for, legacy BoR I found, 4600 life, curse-on-hit vuln gloves, and she SUCKS in maps with other people. She's just a piece of meat for experience. But she's fun to play solo where my 26K+ dps actually seems to kill monsters. I go to a public map with her, 26K+ dps just sucks, lol.
-the presence of people who cheat by paying real money for stuff in the game. Please ban all of them. I gotta think you guys can see where this is all coming from...just like I gotta believe you can easily determine when a death is due to desync....

All in all, I'm the kind of guy who loves a challenge and hates to be beaten by stuff. Path of Exile offers a lot in this area, most of it is really good and legit, but sometimes it really sucks when you lose xp from some totally unavoidable incident. Or you just don't find any good items in 100's of hours of playtime. I've spent 100's of dollars on this game in the cosmetic MTX's and 1000's of my hours. It's been pretty fun, but I get really frustrated with some of the stuff sometimes like the horrible drop rates, desync, off screen 1-shot-kills, laggy builds and rude posters. I hope I've been a good guy to everyone I've come into contact with in the game.
Thanks for making a good game, GGG, looking forward to more hours and improvements.
This thread has been automatically archived. Replies are disabled.
Always love a long feedback thread.
thanks!!! in 2000+ hours of playtime I had a lot to say!

hopefully some of it resonates with you and other players. maybe be it will be another data point for GGG when it comes to what works what doesn't discussions.
patch 1.2 should solve one or two problems mentioned.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info