Lava Lash Question

I'm curious, if i'm using the added fire damage support gem and then pick up lava lash off the passive tree will it boost my damage?
That it will!

Although added fire daamaage has some weird things I'm still trying to figure out. For instance it currently increases the dps on my molten strike, even though I don't even do any physical damage to convert (Avatar of Fire) >.>

But lava lash will increase the damage yes.
"
HasuKishi wrote:
That it will!

Although added fire daamaage has some weird things I'm still trying to figure out. For instance it currently increases the dps on my molten strike, even though I don't even do any physical damage to convert (Avatar of Fire) >.>

But lava lash will increase the damage yes.

Think that it checks the physical damage bonus prior to the conversion to fire.
From my personal experience, lava lash is a trap, since it has a really minimal dps increase, which would be better spent on another damage passive.
Remember it is only increasing your dps by a percentage of a percentage, so if your Added Fire gem is your only source of fire damage, don't take this passive.
there is no trap, it's "30 % increase fire damage" when you have often plenty other "increase elemental damage" or "fire damage" ... for example 30 on top of 200 is just 230 % increase compare to a 200 % increase, not a big deal.
IGN TylordRampage
30% increased Fire Damage with Weapons

just works with skill that use weapon damage. mostly attacks, only exception being ranged attack totems which is a spell.
Thanks for the replies, most of you are saying it will! I will try it out as soon as I hit 85, I have a few regrets in the bank whats 1 if it doesn't work out! lol

Just trying to find ways to squeeze out a bit more damage, Bringer of Rain dropped for me on my return 4 days ago after quitting, I quit because of desync "I know touchy topic!". I would gain a few bars, and then die and in your 80s that's a pain to get back!...went back and forth till I was way past frustrated! I decided to come back out of bordem! And my face was priceless when I ID'd the item and saw what it was! lol...gained 4k-ish dps on my cyclone, made leveling a breeze! Now I am back to playing, probably too much! Grinded catacombs so much yesterday my eyes burnt! Takes me about 5mins to speed clear with an 8052k cyclone coupled with added fire damage, reduce mana, and life leech. My HP never seams to go down by using that combo, completely negates my blood passive nod!

I could pick up more damage nods, but I kinda want to up my HP seeing as im only 3.3k and and id like to raise my armor and evasion a bit as well...
Last edited by justinmm1988 on Jul 22, 2014, 10:44:09 PM
"
Pion33r wrote:
30% increased Fire Damage with Weapons

just works with skill that use weapon damage. mostly attacks, only exception being ranged attack totems which is a spell.

Ranged Attack Totem is a support gem for attacks.
IGN TylordRampage
Last edited by Malone on Jul 23, 2014, 4:29:46 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info