Now that we have Spell Echo, what is the next big support?

Place your bets!
My guess
"
juxtaposition
Requirement level: 24
Mana multiplier : 250%
Damage effectiveness: 40%
Description : simultaniuously perform the 2 skill gems that are socketed next to it. Weapon requierement Must be respected.

What is yours?

Pretty sure itll be something that benefit both attack and spell since they are now equal...
ZiggyD is the Labyrinth of streamers, some like it, some dont, but GGG will make sure to push it down ur throat to make you like it
Last edited by Sexcalibure on Jul 22, 2014, 6:27:19 PM
Anti-Culling Strike

For a brief time after striking an enemy with supported skills, slain enemies will drop x% more quantity of items. If an enemy slain by this skill, they will drop x% LESS items.

Basically an IIQ support, that causes more items to drop from monsters; however, if you kill them with this support they will drop less items.
Far shot plz
When I kill a man he stays dead.
Record:
Every time you cast a supported spell or attack you create an after image on that exact location. After every 5th cast, all after images cast the exact same spell simultaneously in the original direction you casted it.

Aura:
Like spelltotem, but it gets cast once every second on every enemy in a small radius.(like righteous fire, but with more diversity). 100% mana reserved.

Major build-up:
This puts a 10 second delay on a spell before casting it. Amplifying the damage by a factor of 15.

Minor build-up:
5 second delay for an amplification by a factor of 7.

Durability of speed/spellpower/attackpower:
All supported gems get a durability of 1000. Get +50% attackspeed/spellpower/attackpower.(it's basically another currency waster, concept D2 ethereal weapons)

reverse of HP/mana/experience:
support gem for auras. Puts the effect on enemies, gives extra hp/mana/experience to you.
(figure something out to prevent lvl 1 aura abuse, maybe let it scale with level?)
etc.

Vote +1 to change Path of Exile to Path of Nerfs.
We hate to say, but ProjectPT was right.
Last edited by Hyskoa on Jul 22, 2014, 7:05:26 PM
"
Gryphyn wrote:
Anti-Culling Strike

For a brief time after striking an enemy with supported skills, slain enemies will drop x% more quantity of items. If an enemy slain by this skill, they will drop x% LESS items.

Basically an IIQ support, that causes more items to drop from monsters; however, if you kill them with this support they will drop less items.

This gem would never get used since pretty much every MFer uses Culling Strike in some form (gem, corrupt item, power siphon). Unless it had some MAJOR MF boost to compensate for losing culling strike, then there is no way this would ever get used.

Basically, if you have 50% IIQ but you have this gem, that entire 50% is mitigated entirely because you won't cull monsters. Your goal would be to apply the debuff with the skill but not kill monsters, thus making all of your IIQ pointless.

In the reverse case, even if you are getting last hits, that 50% is reduced by some amount. There is no best case scenario unless the gem is able give 50% of some sort. But that's a mild amount, we'd have to compare it to a more realistic amount of IIQ (Most hit 100 I believe nowadays? haven't mf'd hard in a while!)

The gem would implicitly need to give more value in terms of IIQ than the value of the item rarity gem and most likely by a significant amount; since you can't use both because the IIR gem needs last hits.

The best case scenario for using a gem like this is that you are running a non-mf character and you hit a monster for the debuff and have somebody else kill it. I imagine small 2-3 person parties, since 6-man parties run with a full mf culler which would likely not use this gem anyway.

It would be nice if the debuff gave additional IIQ stacked on top of the killers current IIQ, so that you can still cull, and the 'less' penalty were removed. But that might be broken. And it would need to give a fairly reasonable amount of IIR, I'd say 150% at level 1.

If this were to stack with the IIQ of the person who manages to cull, then the gem would probably never be introduced into the game because GGG's design goals have trended towards less item drops (see MF changes and removal of IIQ).

My detailed analysis.
"
DestroTheGod wrote:
"
Gryphyn wrote:
Anti-Culling Strike

This gem would never get used since pretty much every MFer uses Culling Strike in some form (gem, corrupt item, power siphon). Unless it had some MAJOR MF boost to compensate for losing culling strike, then there is no way this would ever get used.

Basically, if you have 50% IIQ but you have this gem, that entire 50% is mitigated entirely because you won't cull monsters. Your goal would be to apply the debuff with the skill but not kill monsters, thus making all of your IIQ pointless.

In the reverse case, even if you are getting last hits, that 50% is reduced by some amount. There is no best case scenario unless the gem is able give 50% of some sort. But that's a mild amount, we'd have to compare it to a more realistic amount of IIQ (Most hit 100 I believe nowadays? haven't mf'd hard in a while!)

The gem would implicitly need to give more value in terms of IIQ than the value of the item rarity gem and most likely by a significant amount; since you can't use both because the IIR gem needs last hits.

The best case scenario for using a gem like this is that you are running a non-mf character and you hit a monster for the debuff and have somebody else kill it. I imagine small 2-3 person parties, since 6-man parties run with a full mf culler which would likely not use this gem anyway.

It would be nice if the debuff gave additional IIQ stacked on top of the killers current IIQ, so that you can still cull, and the 'less' penalty were removed. But that might be broken. And it would need to give a fairly reasonable amount of IIR, I'd say 150% at level 1.

If this were to stack with the IIQ of the person who manages to cull, then the gem would probably never be introduced into the game because GGG's design goals have trended towards less item drops (see MF changes and removal of IIQ).

My detailed analysis.

Now, if it were linked to a curse (which would never happen) ...... or perhaps a shockwave totem? maybe even a level 20 spell totem with ice nova, level 10ish. The idea would be to link it with something that you don't actively kill with.

Think about throwing down a 4 link set up as a culler: Fire trap, Multi trap, inc aoe, anti-culling. The fire traps would activate the IIQ and then you can use your main skill linked with culling and IIR to kill the monster.

Being a MF culler in a group can get dry, I find more complexity in builds adds to the flavor.

Last edited by Gryphyn on Jul 22, 2014, 7:07:01 PM
"
"Now, if it were linked to a curse... or perhaps a shockwave totem? maybe even a level 20 spell totem with ice nova, level 10ish. The idea would be to link it with something that you don't actively kill with."

That's so easy then. Why even put such restrictive mechanics on it? Rather than weapon swap to arc and cull, people will just weapon swap - cast a curse, and then cull. Honestly it seems like a lot of trouble for no reason if you 'yourself' are able to apply the debuff and then take advantage of it. The net result would probably be about the same as readding the IIQ gem to the game (at a different or similar power level), which, I doubt will be happening for a while. And as such, I can't see this happening either.

Edit:

In regards to your edit -> "Being a MF culler in a group can get dry, I find more complexity in builds adds to the flavor."

I think complexity is fine. Redundancy, however, is not.
Last edited by DestroTheGod on Jul 22, 2014, 7:08:26 PM
Spiralling projectiles. Bring on the hammerdins!
Channeled spell

It does the same thing as with flameblast but as support! Yay!
What can never be lent or earned?
Somewhat, that devours everyone and everything:
A tree that rush. A bird that sings. It eat bones and smite the hardest stones.
Masticate every sword. Shatters every shrine. It defeat mighty kings and carry mountains on lightly wings.
What am i?
Well going by melee-multistrike, spell-echo, I'm guessing its that 'arrows return to you' support gem or some kind of multi-arrow.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info