Screenshot of New Brutus Fight

Neither this screenshot nor the screenshot for the coming Merveil revamp fill me with a lot of optimism.

"First week of Invasion" is all I have to say about this. I, for one, am not looking forward to how these new boss fights will play out, given how past revamps and added content have fared.
"People ask me why I do this at my age. People are rude."
oh no
"
ephetat wrote:
IMO, this and the previous teaser fail spectacularly to arouse interest -- this is the kind of stuff that goes better with known media outlets, considering it's aimed at new players.

Daily news posts aren't and shouldn't be aimed at new players, I say.

We have plenty of awesome news about the expansion lined up but aren't able to start posting it yet. These posts (of redone content) are safe to post because they don't spoil the theme of the expansion.
Lead Developer. Follow us on: Twitter | YouTube | Facebook | Contact Support if you need help!
"Never change a running system"......Not exactly fond of what I see there.....
Just want to say one more thing, I really like that you are adding and polishing old acts, but when it comes to brutus i guess we will need to see how it goes. I would much more like if he got some new skills/room traps (hope those spikes are traps) and similar, than adding mobs that will spawn at regular periods.
Does one of the new league have new kind of traps everywhere ?
Last edited by Hamallainen on Jul 22, 2014, 6:57:45 PM
If brutus is getting changed does that mean that kole is too? And how will that affect dungeon and colonnade maps?
LLD BOTW spark/arc caster guide http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1133731
"
Ragnar119 wrote:
Just want to say one more thing, I really like that you are adding and polishing old acts, but when it comes to brutus i guess we will need to see how it goes. I would much more like if he got some new skills/room traps (hope those spikes are traps) and similar, than adding mobs that will spawn at regular periods.

Exactly. Room traps are fine, especially if they can be player-activated as well, because it emphasizes what the fight was already about: outmaneuver the big slow guy. But the problem of how to return potion charges can be solved in a lot more ways than just adding minions everywhere, which just dilutes and homogenizes the bossfights in a lot of cases.
I gotta agree with the who guy said these revamps aren't teaser enough for non-noobs.

We need some meat with our taters!
Last edited by GeorgAnatoly on Jul 22, 2014, 6:20:44 PM
"
Ragnar119 wrote:

I'd have to agree with this, mob clearing is already 100% the most common thing in the game. You spend most of your playtime doing it. I'd rather see some strategic dangers like a special modded yellow join a boss fight or see new dangers like damaging terrain, (think bleed inducing spikes that you can walk over) than more of the same thing we've seen all this time. I hope that's what those red pea pods of doom are for.
I wonder if Hillock-Senpai will notice me when I go to town??

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info