Post here your experience with SotV

did you make it to the apex ? tried the alluring ?
I have three Shards of Midnight and 0 of the middle tier shards.

... if I played more I might have gotten around to a yolo basic Atziri run. But so far all it's meant was an occasional bonus area to clear on endless boss runs which rewards me by filling up ever more of my nonexistent storage space.
I really enjoyed it. Spent a TON of time farming Midnights and Atziri. It was nice to finally have some sort of targeted farming. I also really liked the change of allowing Fragments to spawn new corrupted areas. Queueing up like 30 non Midnights in a row, that becomes more than 30 as more frags drop - was great for un-id chaos recipe and gem xp, while also allowing for more Midnights.

Farmed Atziri on 2 completely different bow rangers, and in general I find the whole encounter very entertaining. I really enjoy how I end up minorly changing gem, aura, and flask setups between the different fights. Far more enjoyable than any of the map bosses.

End result: 3 Hopes sold and a few Sceptres - and more boots and Atziri Flasks than I can figure out what to do with. For the first time in the game I have a little financial breathing room which is nice.

I also really like how Vaal Skills now give more options for gem setups in builds. Do I want a standard CWDT, or go with an Increased Duration Vaal Grace and Vaal Haste? And Corrupting items, gems especially, once they 20/20 is scarily addicting.

Even the corrupted bosses are really fun fights - although you really only get to play them "at level" through Normal and Cruel. They are overtuned in Merciless, so basically get skipped until you are over-leveled and farming them. But even more fun just through Normal and Cruel was a good thing, as they can get a bit tedius as you level up your umpteenth character.

Small Regret: never could get a character up to the power level I was comfortable trying Uber with.
My Phys Crit Split Arrow Ranger Guide: http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/919885

My Poison Arrow Ranger Guide: http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/806913
Last edited by Asidra on Jul 22, 2014, 5:47:07 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info