the mandatory nerf speculation thread

Searing touch need to be dropped from a +2 fire gem to a +1... way to powerful for leveling.

They need to do the nerfs right and and take down the server and reroll all the unique items that get the nerf/buff bat. Keeping legacy just attracts RMTer like fly to shit and many player hate this.

"
MaSterX_BG wrote:
Reading such threads makes me super happy I play temporary leagues and don't bother with the economical part of buffs/nerfs. And when you think that GGG induces these situation on purpose to make permanent leagues "dynamic"... lol

These nerfs and buff to items that are kept in game DO affect the economy in long temporary leagues. There is a place out there where players use FG (kind of currency) to 'RMT' cross leagues. You have the legacy speculation markets in the temporary leagues where players are stashing pages of unique items that they will never use just to sell later if it does get nerfed. The legacy speculation in the 4 months causes artificial scarcity of items and inflation on high end orbs.

Until GGG starts to reroll ALL uniques that get the nerf-buff bat, it does bleed into the economy of all leagues.

Don't be silly, legacy items don't attract RMT , what owner of legacy gear would sell it to dick's like that ?

RMT being this overloard massive effect on the economy that ruins the game is a myth. This game has RMT im sure but dose it effect evreything that happens in game .. no , not at all .

Searing touch is fine .
Just a sec let me grab a beer...@#*@ Ok how did I die this time

Learn the rules, it's the only way to exploit them.
"
MasterAxe wrote:
"
Asidra wrote:
COE will probably get a haircut. One thing I think would be great is if they switched Spectral Throw to be 2h weapon only - so if you want the safety benefit of turning mele into ranged, you also can't have the defensive benefit of a shield.

if they did that i would probably quit, since that is my favorite skill and playstyle, but 2 hander's just not fast enough for me, which they shouldn't be.

Didnt Chris said in last podcast that its not going to get touched further?

It will just screw over melee weapons, they pretty much confirmed to nerfing daggers to the ground all because of ST (daggers disadvantage was reach, ST completely disrupts the natural order of melee/ranged), RIP my dual ungil cyclone coc ty very much ST.
Oblivious
Last edited by Disrupted on Jul 23, 2014, 12:40:06 PM
"
Malone wrote:
doryani catalyst is too powerfull too for such a common item.

detonate dead has to be reworked ( physical part is useless so everyone is using lvl 1 DD .. )

hah name me an op build using doryani's catalyst. fact is it gets outshined by better physical weapons and better caster weapons. It's a mix of the two but even a build that focuses on getting the max output of the catalyst (like avatar of fire molten striker) can do better with a higher dps physical weapon. Detonate dead is op, doryani's catalyst nope.
"
JakeAlmighty wrote:

I hadn't thought of the flask for nerfs... I mean it's really good but I can't see them changing it.

I hope they do tho, got 30 something perfect ones stashed up. (+ hundreds of random ones lol)

The list of possible nerf targets imo:

- Crown of Eyes (multiple options on how to hit it)
- Pain Attunement (specifically - interaction wih CoE)
- Blood Rage (!!! - specifically the quality bonus - we abuse it up to 47%q with a lvl4 Enhance and a 23q BR)
- Wrath/Anger/ etc possibly a full aura rework (up to and including aura effect/reservation nodes)
- dagger nodes
- Spectral Throw
- "Surgeon's..."
- Atziri's Acuity
- Fyndel (Fkin nerf him alrdy GGG ty)
- Arctic Armor (trust me that sh*t is insane you just might not be on the bandwagon yet)

- Mjolner. (I am a skeptic but it makes the list)

I won't pretend to know anything about what they'll end up changing (if anything at all!) but if they do decide to alter some stuff, I feel like that's a reasonable list of what might occur.

What's OP about AA exactly? The mana drain can get to be extremely high. About the only way to abuse it is to leap slam/warp/whirling everywhere.
IGN: Asser, AssDelver, Assphobic, AnointedAss, BetrayedByMyAss, CrackedAss, FracturedAss, FulcrumedUpMyAss, ImpaledAss, IncursionOfTheAss, WarForTheAss, UnleashTheAss, ScreamingAsshole, SwampAssKing, Yui
"
Chundadragon wrote:
"
MasterAxe wrote:
It was very obvious the whole Atziri drops were fubarred, not enough variety, and the rares were far to rare. i think i had 10 kills, and only ever got the flask.

You're not seeing the big picture.

It takes 50 sets on average to get a Hope, Hope is 1:50 and sets are about 3:2 exalts. Hope is 35 ex-ish and would take that many exalts of Midnights to get plus the profit of extra loot.

It's marginally profitable on long swings which is what it has to be balanced around -> Atziri ain't a get rich quick scheme.

I am not talking about economics of the drops, i am referring to the fun of killing her. which there is none. There was not enough variety of drops, making the flask far far too common, and the rest were probably about right, minus the hope which could have been more common. Is what was needed was atleast 1-2 more common drops, that way 90% of the kills were not flasks.

"
Perq wrote:
"
MasterAxe wrote:
"
Asidra wrote:
COE will probably get a haircut. One thing I think would be great is if they switched Spectral Throw to be 2h weapon only - so if you want the safety benefit of turning mele into ranged, you also can't have the defensive benefit of a shield.

if they did that i would probably quit, since that is my favorite skill and playstyle, but 2 hander's just not fast enough for me, which they shouldn't be.

Buzzsaw much? Spectral throw granting 100% hit chance and pierce paired with free damage from auras and retarded attack speed from one handed weapon - there you go. Hit Spectral throw - it will be useless for everyone, hit auras - they will be useless for everyone, for except maybe summoners. So, yeah.

BTW. BARRAGEpls?

Actually no i do not. i dont have a single character with the so called buzzsaw build, i do have one low lifer build, and a couple others that i have toyed around with, but i dont like relying on aruas for everything, and IMO auras were made far far too powerful, and should only be added tools, NOT requirements for EVERY build.
IGN:Axe_Crazy
"
Wooser69 wrote:
What's OP about AA exactly? The mana drain can get to be extremely high. About the only way to abuse it is to leap slam/warp/whirling everywhere.

It's very easy to sustain if you build around it. EB-based characters get to be near immune to fire and physical damage in small quantities.
IGN: Chundaziri
8/8 Ambush/Invasion Complete - 21/06/2014
8/8 Warbands/Tempest Complete - 10/08/2015
"
Krayken wrote:
hah name me an op build using doryani's catalyst. fact is it gets outshined by better physical weapons and better caster weapons. It's a mix of the two but even a build that focuses on getting the max output of the catalyst (like avatar of fire molten striker) can do better with a higher dps physical weapon. Detonate dead is op, doryani's catalyst nope.

Detonate Dead is OP. Doryani's Catalyst is BiS for DD.
IGN: Chundaziri
8/8 Ambush/Invasion Complete - 21/06/2014
8/8 Warbands/Tempest Complete - 10/08/2015
i dont see why anything needs a nerf, snapshotting will fix the uber spec throwers

and if your spending 500+ exalts on a ST char i think it should decimate content...

ive seen alot of really bad mjolner builds and some good but its slow has high stat req and can only be used with a few skills plus costs 100+ ex so it should be strong

auras require a huge passive point investment to stack many, snapshotting will fix alot of the low life exploits already

id just fix snapshot then see what actually needs nerfing etc
"
Chundadragon wrote:
"
Krayken wrote:

Detonate Dead is OP. Doryani's Catalyst is BiS for DD.

So fix DD and keep catalyst how it is. Exaclty what im saying. Thanks for agreeing with me.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info