Shopping for looks..

Haven't played the game for a while. Came back to level 10 people looking like level 90+.
Don't you feel that getting a strong high-leveled character and the looks that goes with it to be part of the reward for spending all that time on it?
Same goes for weapon effects - shouldn't i.e a blue glow represent cold damage instead of whipping it on anything you have because you bought it?

I really like(d) PoE. The itemization and skills are incredibly fun, and it's the only game since Diablo 2 that has actually brought a gritty feel to the genre.
But for me the incentive to spend time in this game is just gone as a result.

"Nobody is forcing you to buy them!!!1"
No, but everyone I see and play with still look like a level 500 Sauron Imbayolokiller.

I doubt that the people feeling this way are still on the boards.
But I can't be the only one who feels that it has gone just a bit too far? There are other ways to get people to give you money for a game very well made.
Ah well.. that would be too late at this point anyhow.
Last edited by Anakoreten on Jul 22, 2014, 2:31:52 PM
At least with the last sets, GGG have gone "darker" again, which is totally fine with me. I'd love to see more "dirt" added to the mtx, anyway. Like rust, old leather, dents, bloodspatter, etc. If my characters come back from the wilderness or e.g. Lunaris, I want them to look like it was a though fight and not a trip to the drycleaners. But if "big & shiny" sells and keeps the game afloat, GGG can add as much of it as they can as far as I'm concerned:-D
Last edited by Alysma on Jul 22, 2014, 3:35:51 PM
I mean, tweaking existing gear would be cool. Like tinting armors with dyes. Even the current glow is ok I guess, if only weapons would drop with a glow representing their respective elemental enhancements too..

Well.. I guess I'm that rare breed of RPG gamer who wants my aesthetics to represent my in-game strength rather than the depths of my wallet.
Last edited by Anakoreten on Jul 22, 2014, 3:41:09 PM
I think at some point during the beta, dyes were on the "to do" list. Not sure what happened to them, though, but they wouldn't have been high priority anyway.
I kinda get what you mean, some of the glows/skins can look kinda out of place. I prefer a simpler look, and actually used the item reskins to make my lvl80 RF marauder look more like a medieval knight than the usual fiery glowing wizard thing. Still not sold on the shield, but I think it looks pretty cool (plus: PANTS :D )

"
Grimmhammer wrote:
I kinda get what you mean, some of the glows/skins can look kinda out of place. I prefer a simpler look, and actually used the item reskins to make my lvl80 RF marauder look more like a medieval knight than the usual fiery glowing wizard thing. Still not sold on the shield, but I think it looks pretty cool (plus: PANTS :D )

I dig the look.

Chern's makes a pretty bad-ass looking skin too.
Still in the alpha stage, but at least build diversity isn't an issue: https://wolcengame.com/home/
Well as long as the core game is free it won't bother me. I mean it's a very good game that is free to play, they have to make money somehow and the best way to do it is to cater to the audience, not everyone's the same in preference so the wider the audience, the more $$$ I guess. The countless amount of $$$ they got from supporter packs won't last forever either so they have to make a variety of "looks" that appeal to different types of people to get dem dollas.
Last edited by SenpaiTypeBeat on Jul 23, 2014, 4:30:21 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info