Leap Slam with Facebreakers?

"
rrtson wrote:
Obviously, according to GGG logic, you simply cannot leap into the air while only wearing gloves. But you can certainly leap into the air while wielding an Axe/Mace/Sword/Staff. I mean, it makes so much sense...

Obviously.

I think in this case it has more to do with the slamming part than the leaping although the game allows leap slamming with rapiers ...
"
MaxTheLimit wrote:
Leap slam with facebreakers sounds really...cool. I like it.

I can't think of any reason why it would cause a balance or gameplay problem. I'm betting it would take some work. Animating the attack and such, but it would be fun to see a character soar through the air and slam his fist into the ground.

Also, anyone else think the visuals for leap slam could be improved a bit?

I honestly feel like the only reason GGG hasn't done anything about the lack of mobility with Facebreakers is just that it has no exposure.

And yeah, the animations could use some touching up but I don't mind it.
Blacksmith in action.
Not only that but there should be many more skills that can be used with facebreakers. the only one that doesn't really make sense is spectral throw. Why not dual strike, ground slam, heavy strike, etc?
"
Zavael wrote:

So, I'm really just asking if there is any reason why Leap Slam isn't usable? I think it would be a really cool idea, and it's not like it doesn't make sense, you're just leaping around.

That.
IGNs -> MaitresseRemi/Mamie_Machette/MainDroiteMainGauche
Yeah, you can explode things with an AoE of fire but you cant leap xD, no sense at all.
"
Khisanth wrote:
"
rrtson wrote:
Obviously, according to GGG logic, you simply cannot leap into the air while only wearing gloves. But you can certainly leap into the air while wielding an Axe/Mace/Sword/Staff. I mean, it makes so much sense...

Obviously.

I think in this case it has more to do with the slamming part than the leaping although the game allows leap slamming with rapiers ...

I think it's the slamming part as well - although that doesn't explain rapiers. In the same vein, it makes sense that ground slam and heavy strike don't work. I can't think of any reason for dual strike not to work... I'm imagining a Three Stooges style slap session - nyuk, nyuk!
Also shield charge is unusable with facebreakers. Why?
"
kompaniet wrote:
Also shield charge is unusable with facebreakers. Why?

Because GGG logic
✮ in-game @FTMFW
✮ twitch.tv/RRTSON
✮ [Shop] http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/909223
✮ [Build of the Week] http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1034503
i wanna see ground slam with fb *_*
Ign: ThatManWithTheBow

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info