Standard League PVP/PK?

I'm currently on my first playthrough of PoE, level 33 still in act 3. I really like this game but I'm really more interested in the Pvp, I have played in the areana and the matchmaking which are both great but I am curious if there is more to it than just those 2 zones... I worry that this is all the Pvp their is. This is a problem because I've noticed on Standard league that these zones are pretty much dead. No one plays in them except for very few people from time to time (more so in the arena). It is demoralizing as f*** when all you want to do is get strong and Pvp.

EDIT: Wikipedia shows alot of other league some of which look extremely fun. Yet I find myself wondering once again are these servers ACTIVE? do alot of people play them? will I find myself entertained by not just the AI but by fighting actual people in leagues such as "Cut-Thoat?"
Last edited by Dark_Templer1 on Jul 22, 2014, 12:24:13 PM
When a 1 week/2week/1 month/4 month challenge is running, Standard & Hardcore are nearly Dead. Hardcore is more worse then Standard.

And yes, there dont Exist more PvP, except PKing, but thats useless in Standard, and even in HC, most ppl know how it works and can avoid it.
but like the cut-throat league sounds like alot of Pvp/PK. Would that be active or like you said because the 1 month leagues are going this is dead now too?
Damn
cut-throat was early OB few times as a short time Race about a few hours.

That was all.
They planned to make 1 day in the future, maybe, a 1 month or 2week or so but atm, cut-throat dont exist.

And yes, during this 1 month event, the "normal" permanent leagues are less visited.

But Standard is still okish.

Try Hardcore, then you wanna QQ.
makes sense. Well then in these 1-month leagues atleast do you see active Matchmaking? 1v1 or CTF? I have not seen 1 player even attempt the CTF game mode.
I personally find the PvP in PoE Boring as Hell. Unbalanced as Shit and yeah, did i say Boring allready?

So i cant give here any Infos about PvP and if sb do it in the 1 month or not.
"
Lightshard wrote:
I personally find the PvP in PoE Boring as Hell. Unbalanced as Shit and yeah, did i say Boring allready?

So i cant give here any Infos about PvP and if sb do it in the 1 month or not.

PvP in an arpg is never balanced and always boring compared to actual fighting games like tekken and such.
hmmm I appreciate the info you did provide though. The reason I ask is because well as the campaign n all this is cool, I see little replay value in it for me. Once I finish the story line and then the End-game I would expect the next thing would be alot of fun Pvp. I feel like my grinding would amount to something more if I could fight other players in the end or even now (I know I actually could but no one else is there to fight lol). It feels less significant if all I am really doing is fighting AI all the time... forever... in new leagues... and temp leagues... and different difficulties... You get the point I'm making? If I want to play the campaign and AI there is an endless abundance of this to be done, but Pvp? not so much from the info I've gathered here.
This Game, like every ARPG, is about Hunting for new Items to Upgrade your char.

When done, Hunt for better Items Again.

When done... i think u got it.

And PoE replay value comes from many many many Builds you can Try.
Races
Short Time Leagues with strange/hard/funny mods.

If you dont like this concept, PoE is nothing for you.

Its like Diablo 2/3 if you know this ones.
A new type of league should be cut-throat except you don't lose your gear when you die, its not a temp league, and you should be able to PK in the instances if meet certain level requirements. With restrictions such as you are X levels higher (7-10 maybe) than the level of the instance you are in then you cannot PK people and people cannot PK you.

EDIT: the concept is fine, this is my first ARPP. I'm just saying afew MINOR tweaks incorporating features that they have already done in the past would make it far more replayable.
Last edited by Dark_Templer1 on Jul 22, 2014, 12:57:46 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info