Passive skill - Avatar Of Fire

Sorry for this stupid question but can someone please explain how this exactly works?

So if i have a weapon that deal 2-4 cold damage then that will be converted to 1-2 fire damage?

And if so will that fire damage scale with other passive skills?

Like if i use the passive skills Catalyse and 2 weapon elemental damage(Adds 40% increased elemental damage with weapons) Will then my cold damage that has turned into fire damage increase with 40%?

I'm not very into how exactly poe works since i'm new to it and haven't so much experience in mmo/rpg games except Diablo 2/3 and some other skill-tree based games)

I will soon start a new Templar that i will be focusing on Fire damage and/or minions. So my last question is.

Is this worth investing a point in as a fire damage dealer Templar? or should i just go elemental damage/mixed since all non-fire damage will be ignored with this skill point?

I apologize for my grammar errors, English isn't my first language.
Last edited by JumpToDie on Jul 22, 2014, 12:11:50 PM
Yes, 2-4 Cold Damage will Convert to 1-2 Fire Damage.

Conversion occurs before any multipliers are applied.
Converted Damage benefits from modifiers to both the original and the new Damage type.

Your Cold Damage is Converted to Fire Damage, and thus will benefit from both Fire and Cold Damage multipliers (as well as Weapon Elemental Damage and all that).

Avatar of Fire is something you kinda want to build around. With an Attack that does not otherwise Convert to Fire Damage, you're just cutting your non-Fire Damage in half. To keep your options open, just ignore it for now.
(it does not apply to Minions, btw)
Thanks for the very fast answer, Vipermagi.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info