Is EB overpowered

the reason why i find AA so good is it "spreads out damage" meaning you can heal with 2 flaks at once and have some damage midigated into a diffrent regen pool, giving you 2 sepret ways to heal the same damage taken.

Also you have the armour factor. since the damage from small hits is made so much lower this alowes your armour to negate more of it creating a compounding effect of damage midigation. damage gets lessend with AA then remaining damage is negated more since it's a smaller hit checking past armour .

That's paierd with granet flask + antoehr good sorce of armour ( say ether good gear or molten shell ,or both ) you get a very large amount of damage midigation with more ways to heal the damage you do take.

That Vs Striaght ES whare you take all the damage with very little or no midigation only have 1 way to heal the damage and are much more susibtable to statius ailments.

I don't know about any hard math to back this up however having played CI characters both back when they wher the " go to way to make a HP pool " vs life , and now whare life based HP pools. Id say AA with nice mana regen and good use of having temporary armour buffs it's much more tanky , and for much less coast.

I still feel however that if money is no problem thare are better ways to do this , AA is a patch till you can get thare with the style of character that can sustain it.

Also eventhough AA is a "cheap" way to tank to truly get the benifits from it and get it to the point whare people feel it's OP it has to be at least level 24 .. witch is not easy to get or cheap , so i have less problems with that . If you have a level 5 empower onj you tanking skills you should be tanky as hell.
Just a sec let me grab a beer...@#*@ Ok how did I die this time

Learn the rules, it's the only way to exploit them.
Thing I love above AA is that you can go practically full retard against all phys damage with a granite up, fire reflect is 0 problem with crit flameblast builds etc when built properly and best of all -> detonate dead boxes don't hurt :DDDD which is more than I can say about some guys I've played with on hc ambush dying to boxes like that
IGN: Chundaziri
8/8 Ambush/Invasion Complete - 21/06/2014
8/8 Warbands/Tempest Complete - 10/08/2015
"
"
Kaysee wrote:

- most need to run Clarity and Discipline.
- most spec in to mana regen nodes and EB.

These two are false. You don't need Discipline. And seldom do builds go for the mana regen nodes on the tree.

What you need are Clarity and 3 pieces of gear with 45%+ average mana regen.

And results show that Arctic Armour is better BY FAR. You don't seem to have used Arctic Armour before. I suggest trying it out before commenting.

EDIT: You also blanked out on Mind Over Matter, which negates 30% of ALL damage.

Yep, used AA before both with Clarity + EB and without Clarity and EB. Seen many others running the Clarity + Discipline + EB combo... as well as speccing in to mana regen notables like "Deep Thoughts", "Mental Acuity", "Mana Geyser", "Mana Flows" etc.

Do you have a link to your suggested "results showing AA is better"? It would make for interesting reading, which is why I posted the above.

I didn't include MOM because it wasn't part of the: "Discipline + EB + AA" v "Discipline" theory comparison I posed.

Cheers
Chris Wilson: "Today was the proudest day of my life."
"
Kaysee wrote:
Do you have a link to your suggested "results showing AA is better"? It would make for interesting reading, which is why I posted the above.

Here you go.

https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/883344

This is RaizQT's build.

No Discipline, and only two mana nodes.

From my experience Discipline almost always decreases your available mana, and is unnecessary anyway, unless you somehow cannot get enough mana regen.

"
Kaysee wrote:
I didn't include MOM because it wasn't part of the: "Discipline + EB + AA" v "Discipline" theory comparison I posed.

And my argument is that you can (almost) never ever talk about AA without MoM.

And if I were to keep it straightforward, Discipline pretty much sucks for any build except low life or CI.
Last edited by elitedesolator on Jul 23, 2014, 2:08:27 AM
Discipline will net less unreserved mana, but it will also increase total mana for much higher mana regen. I don't find it needed for my EB/AA/MoM characters, but maybe it works out well for people who don't have enough regen without it to run a lvl 20 AA.
Creator of the Praxis ring.
Want to stop power creep? Gut crit chance and crit multi.
"
Discipline will net less unreserved mana, but it will also increase total mana for much higher mana regen. I don't find it needed for my EB/AA/MoM characters, but maybe it works out well for people who don't have enough regen without it to run a lvl 20 AA.

Not much higher. From my experience it grants around 20-30 more mana per second for most conventional AA MoM EB builds.

Not at all significant for most cases. Simply put a 50% mana regen on a ring gives far more mana regen than a level 20 Discipline.

EDIT: Example of another build that doesn't use Discipline.

http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/967483

HvC's current 1 month HC Det Dead build.
Last edited by elitedesolator on Jul 23, 2014, 5:10:08 AM
EB builds get completely shafted against no regen/half regen maps. A build that entirely relies on arctic armor + MoM is going to have a bad time.

To me that's really important since those two mods are some of the best quantity mods. Some builds are completely unaffected by them as well.
"
kasub wrote:
EB builds get completely shafted against no regen/half regen maps. A build that entirely relies on arctic armor + MoM is going to have a bad time.

To me that's really important since those two mods are some of the best quantity mods. Some builds are completely unaffected by them as well.

Also no.

No regen, yeah pretty much dead. I've heard of people using Mana Leech, but definitely no AA.

Half regen maps are doable, but that needs a super high amount of mana regen (around 500-600 per second). This is achievable with around 3 40% mana regen nodes and 3 pieces of gear with 50%+ mana regen.
"
CI sucks

This is extremely far from true.

But I will admit that CI build are very expensive to get to godlike status, but they have crazy potential if/when you can get the right top tier gear for them, which is not likely to happen in something like a 1 month league, but saying "CI sucks" is not true.
I solve the half regen maps by using lightning warp as transport, running lvl 23 AA. Oh, and I am DD btw, so almost no cost of skill.
Kitty's Guide On Post Formatting - view-thread/1913874

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info