Worried about RMT "posts like these should be BANNED"

Obviously everyone want to know why I say that!!!!

Been very new to POE and the arpg world in general which is my first arpg btw, I had to find out what RMT meant, as I even asked my son about it. He himself not been the wiser we both looked it up.

In my honest opinion, I would of been "none the wiser" to the fact the they even existed had it not been for the original OP.

So in a way "complaining" about RMT uses, you yourself are creating a new awareness of the fact that there are such things.

This is a unique catch 22 sh1tuation you've made by announcing its very presence. I also feel that people who can use "afford" them, will use them if you complain about them or not.
Last edited by DiamondDragonScales on Jul 23, 2014, 5:15:23 AM
This thread has been automatically archived. Replies are disabled.
Agree. Hide heads in the sand, sweep it under the rug, like it never existed.

BTW, I'm just curious, did you buy anything ?
This is a buff © 2016

The Experts ™ 2017
"
torturo wrote:
Agree. Hide heads in the sand, sweep it under the rug, like it never existed.

BTW, I'm just curious, did you buy anything ?

Nope, far to expensive for my liking. Where $1 = +- 10 upwards of our currency. Even if it was one on one I wouldn't, as IMO it takes the fun out the game in a sense of speaking.

EDIT:

It's not about putting ones head in the ground, it's about finding more practical ways of resolving the issue at hand. I'm very sure GGG is extremely aware of the issue and are trying their best to stop this from happening, but I honestly think its like farting against THUNDER.
Last edited by DiamondDragonScales on Jul 22, 2014, 10:17:37 AM
I can see your reasoning. Discussing RMT might make it seem like a normal thing to do for some, although maybe only a few selected assholes practice it.

Unfortunately you don't know that GGG got a policy running on par with some NGOs when it comes to freedom of the speech, resulting in slander on their own forum and therefore mindless vandalism and drivel in place everywhere.

I'd shit bricks when they start to actually act like a company who would like to make profit. Starting to rework their whole ToU, Forum Guidelines and Moderation Policy to the core of actually allowing there to be nice place to discuss their service.

As it goes now I got more moderation about illegal activity going on at 4chan.
Last edited by Nightmare90 on Jul 22, 2014, 11:35:09 AM
I was actually on the verge of posting prety much what you have said in one of the other QQ rmt threads and you have kindly proved a good example.

RMT can be a problem but most of the posters here are dumb when posting about it because they don't actually do anything other than claim that RMT is wide spread and GGG do nothing about it giving the false impression to new players that it is OK, or scumbag players take it as a hint to go ahead.

GGG do ban regularly for RMT and hacking...even blanket banning IP addresses in certain areas that spam chat with their adds.

There are enough threads about their action in bug reports and technical claiming false bans...some really stupid ones where the poster ends up admiring it and raging(just for try, for see and for know anyone?)

If you feel that it's a problem and you have specific examples such as links to sites, videos, names or other then email support about it.

Don't post here especially if you are just going to QQ and not do anything other than QQ, i've seen threads stating they know people that RMT then refuse to give names...

Don't be part of the problem and be a bit more pro active
Ancestral Bond. It's a thing that does stuff. -Vipermagi

He who controls the pants controls the galaxy. - Rick & Morty S3E1
Too many times 'names' were given to support. For no effect.

These people are still with us. So you know. After some time one gets fed up with inactivity and stops helping when ggg clearly does very little to stop high-visibility rmters.

Banning bots is a)hopeless b)just an excuse. If people that sell 100$ items on well known sites are doing it for years now.. poe section is probably the most active section of jsp. For months now. Hardly any signs of egfort to remove these players from ecosystem.
On the contrary, OP.

If GGG are going to paint the picture they do about how they will act on RMT and try to pass this game off as being fair competition. With the design as it is and the rather contrary 'couldn't give a shit' attitude they show in reality towards the use of external currency trades; then it's only fair that everyone who touches the game is privy, not only to the existence but to the lenience of GGG.

Rather than have...
-those oblivious to external currency use
-those wrongly under the assumption it is acted on
-and then those who openly flaunt it (read; for example, sell the same items for FG as on GGG's boards, with THE SAME FUCKING USERNAME) for months.

Let's at least have everyone knowing they can use external currency and nothing will happen.
Casually casual.

"

Been very new to POE and the arpg world in general which is my first arpg btw, I had to find out what RMT meant, as I even asked my son about it. He himself not been the wiser we both looked it up.

In my honest opinion, I would of been "none the wiser" to the fact the they even existed had it not been for the original OP.

So in a way "complaining" about RMT uses, you yourself are creating a new awareness of the fact that there are such things.

This is a unique catch 22 sh1tuation you've made by announcing its very presence. I also feel that people who can use "afford" them, will use them if you complain about them or not.

Yes, raising awareness is a bad thing.
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1552460 - my drop solution
Specs: CPU - i5 9600k, geforce 2060, 32 gb ram, ssd, 2133/2333 mz.-----
EXILES EVERYWHERE, PLEASE?!?!?!
Alea, expect stories filled with rumors and assumptions now.

I had a friend in my friend list who had a friend, probably some asian guy belonging to a notorious asian botting clan, and he told me that they were botting in PoE with 50 people at a time 24 hours a day.

True story, cannot be verified, but true story. Don't know if it helps but just see what you can do with this information mkay?

THIS GAME IS ROTTEN TO THE CORE BECAUSE OF RMT11!!11!

/sarcasm

Last edited by Startkabels on Jul 22, 2014, 4:01:32 PM
"

Awareness is always a good thing. Just because you are too ignorant to realize that doesn't change it from being true. You want less people talking about RMT so it can be hidden and remain underground.

Well guess what? I want it out in the open! I want people to see what is happening and raise awareness. Not enough people know or care that RMT is ruining the game. Instead the masses want to unjustly nerf auras and ruin nearly every build currently in the game. (next month their focus will be on some other asinine aspect of the game they don't like for unjustified reasons).

The attention directed at RMT is far too small. GGG is not going to do anything about it until many more players speak out against it.

The only one who should be reprimanded is you for trying to call out my thread.

Learn how to think before posting.
Creator of the Praxis ring.
Want to stop power creep? Gut crit chance and crit multi.
Last edited by Fluffy_Puppies on Jul 22, 2014, 4:12:50 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info