Grace/Anger/Wrath

Hey guys hi to all first of all, i followed ziggy d lightning arrow ranger with blood magic and frenzy for single targets. Very Very happy it helped me a lot but it only got me to level 85 doing early maps, 72 and above i just keep on dying. After seeing a film on an advanced lightning arrow ranger i learned about these 3 Auras Grace/Wrath/Anger that as i have realised its a boost on your dps and armour hope i am right. By the way i have a physical damage bow and planing to change to elemental damage since my goal is to buy a voltaxic rift bow, also to drop my frenzy and use elemental hit aswell and i suppose on my passive tree to make some changes by dropping frenzy charges and added phusical damage and go for elemental damage.
Can someone please advice me if this is a good choice and any information from you guys would be appreciated. thank you
by the way also using conductivity/ temporal chain/ raise minions and flame totem
Are you talking about the actual blood magic keystone? If so that's a very outdated build. You can't really run auras with BM anymore since they were all changed to reserve a percentage. Those specific 3 auras used to reserve a flat amount of mana/life so I'm assuming this is the case.
IGN: Smegmazoid
Long live the new Flesh
What you want is Arly's build which is very similar to the popular Elemental Buzzsaw build. Check the ranger build list sticky thread for more details. You will basically need a full respec of your tree (wait for patch 1.2 maybe, if it's still valid build by then).
Ranger builds list: /917964
When two witches watch two watches, which witch watches which watch?
If the witches watching watches watch the same watch while you watch which witch watches which watch, they switch watches; then, the watch switching witches watch which watch you watch.
Watching witches watch watches is not for the faint of heart...
"
JahIthBer89 wrote:
Are you talking about the actual blood magic keystone? If so that's a very outdated build. You can't really run auras with BM anymore since they were all changed to reserve a percentage. Those specific 3 auras used to reserve a flat amount of mana/life so I'm assuming this is the case.

i meant the bloodmagic on my passive skill tree, i can still have blood magic and still run these auras yes? and alo should i drop frenzy charges and phys damage and go gor elemental damage?
these auras will reserve about roughly 350 from my life i think yes?
350 Life? If you have 500 Max Life maybe.

Grace, Anger and Wrath all reserve 60% of your Maximum Life. Let's assume you have a level 20 Reduced Mana to Support 'em, reducing the Base Reserve to 42%. Mortal Conviction adds a 40% Less Multiplier, reducing it to 42 * .6 = 25.2% (rounds to 26%) Max Life per Aura. That's not good enough.

You're gonna need some Reduced Reservation from the tree; there's 5% near Blood Magic and another 16% up north with the Templar. 21% Reduced + 40% Less:
(100-21) * (100-40) / 100 - 100 = -52.6% total
42 * 0.526 = 22.092, 22% reduction
42 - 22 = 20% per Aura. Leaves you with 40% of your Maximum Life. That's still not fantastic.

So uh. Yeah.
"
Vipermagi wrote:
350 Life? If you have 500 Max Life maybe.

Grace, Anger and Wrath all reserve 60% of your Maximum Life. Let's assume you have a level 20 Reduced Mana to Support 'em, reducing the Base Reserve to 42%. Mortal Conviction adds a 40% Less Multiplier, reducing it to 42 * .6 = 25.2% (rounds to 26%) Max Life per Aura. That's not good enough.

You're gonna need some Reduced Reservation from the tree; there's 5% near Blood Magic and another 16% up north with the Templar. 21% Reduced + 40% Less:
(100-21) * (100-40) / 100 - 100 = -52.6% total
42 * 0.526 = 22.092, 22% reduction
42 - 22 = 20% per Aura. Leaves you with 40% of your Maximum Life. That's still not fantastic.

So uh. Yeah.

if i use GCP's for quality on my reduced mana or even quality my aura gems would i have more than 40% life at the end?

also thank you for your detailed answer.
Last edited by philipma on Jul 24, 2014, 7:54:44 AM
Quality on Auras just increases their Radius, that's not going to do jack :P

Quality on the Reduced Mana Support grants Reduced Mana Cost. Auras do not have a Cost, but a Reservation, so it doesn't apply.
the old versions of grace, wrath and anger were not % based auras, they were flat cost like clarity so you could run all 3 on life. They are now % auras like the others so that whole way of playing is gone.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info