add Microtransaction-stuff to the loot table

I wonder if stuff like special armour cosmetics, skill effects, pets etc. (basically whatever is available as microtransaction, or modified versions thereof) could be added to the loot table?
Of course only as a very rare drop (similar to the rarest currencies).
Special versions could be added to specific bosses, or tied to certain areas.

Or do you think this would hurt the microtransaction business too much?
This thread has been automatically archived. Replies are disabled.
No.

Thats how GGG makes any money at all. You think the servers and staff pay themselves with nothing but hot air?

You want an effect, buy it.
Nope, as dirk has said money makers are not something they would add to the loot tables outside of some mods on uniques.

Other option is race rewards.
Ancestral Bond. It's a thing that does stuff. -Vipermagi

He who controls the pants controls the galaxy. - Rick & Morty S3E1
Temporary MTX effects dropable with an expiration system starting as soon as picked up. This way people can test effects on their characters without the risk of RMT sites hoarding that shit and cutting GGGs actual sales.
"
Nightmare90 wrote:
Temporary MTX effects dropable with an expiration system starting as soon as picked up. This way people can test effects on their characters without the risk of RMT sites hoarding that shit and cutting GGGs actual sales.

They would still sell it even if its a 5 minute window theyre usable at all.
"
"
Nightmare90 wrote:

They would still sell it even if its a 5 minute window theyre usable at all.

Honestly, people that would buy such a bullcrap for real bucks on a 3rd party site would buy everything. So I don't really see those people being an issue here. Let them waste their bucks in thin air.

The advertisement effect of temporary effects is likely to outplay the "harm" done by this 3rd party sales. And since when are we to consider RMT for every decision in the game? I though GGG does exactly not that which is why we got no Account-bound gear.
Last edited by Nightmare90 on Jul 22, 2014, 9:21:44 AM
The only thing that I wish MTX wise that appeared on a loot table:

Pets from Rogue Exiles.

And obviously, a very rare drop indeed. At least then it would feel satisfying to see the crap loot explosion of vendor trash.
"
shoju wrote:

Pets from Rogue Exiles.

And obviously, a very rare drop indeed. At least then it would feel satisfying to see the crap loot explosion of vendor trash.

Pets are one of the more expensive things in the game. You want GGG to go out of business by 2015?
"
"
shoju wrote:

Pets from Rogue Exiles.

Pets are one of the more expensive things in the game. You want GGG to go out of business by 2015?

You can't tell me they are the most popular, and that by making them as rare as an eternal drop, it will dip into the sales numbers enough to put them out of business.

Believe it or not, one of the best ways to generate more sales, is by giving things away.

Trust me, Ecommerce is my passion, profession, career, etc...
"
shoju wrote:
"
"
shoju wrote:

Pets from Rogue Exiles.

You can't tell me they are the most popular, and that by making them as rare as an eternal drop, it will dip into the sales numbers enough to put them out of business.

Believe it or not, one of the best ways to generate more sales, is by giving things away.

Trust me, Ecommerce is my passion, profession, career, etc...

So, you give people free cars or boats? Because by your logic that increases sales. You know nothing about the sales business, you give away cheap stuff not good stuff and pets are epic shit worth a lot of points.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info