Pyre Ring Burning Builds

Hey guys, im currently investigating how reliable burn builds are by using 2 Pyre Rings
(not for the 100% conversion of course because you cant get mot than 100% converted anyway)
but those Rings still have a good amount of resistance and most important "up to 40% burning EACH"

I mainly useing Fire Gems of course but you are welcome to use some other Strong Cold gems:

Flameblast
Detonate Dead

and Searing Bond

FB / DD
Links:
Inceased Area of Effect
Conc Effect
Fire Pen
Chance to Ignite
Ele Prolif
Increased Burning

Searing Bond (1h weapon with +gems in this item or + Fire Gems)
Spoiler

Increased Burning
Rarety

pretty common right now

but since the release of the "Pyre Ring"
you can add at least 25% Burning Dmg from each Ring
and of course the good old Searing Touch (if you want to use it offensive wise or in SC, i Prefer 1H + Shield)

Total Offensive With Searing:

Burning = 70%+(25%-40%)*2+80% from skill tree

=minimum 200% Burning Dmg
=maximum 230% Burning Dmg

together with Increased Burning Dmg
you get:

=minimum 240% Burning
=maximum 299% Burning

Without the Searing:

=minimum 170%
=maximum 229%

wich is still be incredible!!!!

2 Max Burning Pyre gives 80% wich

1/3 more Burn with 1h Weapons

and

over 1/4 with Searing Touch

At lvl 11 (req for Pyre) the Fire Trap is just an overkill
Searing Bond is total PWN from lvl 24+

Flame Blast is just incredible ....

The Con Side is your Playstyle:
IF you want to Prolif You need to try not to 1HK the mob with Flameblast but instead trying to "almost" kill them

I also tried Freezing Pulse, Ice Spear and Ice Nova
And i think that Ice Spear has the best potential out of the 3 cold gems because the range is very good
high crit chance and because of that its easier not to destroy the corpse.

i still want to try Detonate Dead but im still missing a Carcass Jack to fully utilise it
i just hope 1 DD is enough to burn the enemy down (and wont destroy the corpse because you didnt hit the mob during ignite)

i just dont know how Burning works in general, does it depends on the "initial hit" for the burning?

The higher you hit the enemy the stronger the ignite is?
How is the Burning Duration being calculated?

(i just use burning only nodes without elemental /fire / dot nodes because most people will try to get them first because they give the best bonus)

I will try to play it life Based
hoping to reach over 4k life
You mention not killing mobs with Flameblast to prolif, that's not how prolif works. You can ele prolif off a monster corpse UNLESS it was frozen and shattered. Ele Prolif will run the full length of the status effects duration on the corpse of a monster you applied it to.
"
Mikado90 wrote:
The higher you hit the enemy the stronger the ignite is?
How is the Burning Duration being calculated?

(i just use burning only nodes without elemental /fire / dot nodes because most people will try to get them first because they give the best bonus)

Yes, it does 20% of fire damage that caused ignite per second over 4 seconds.

That's why taking elemental damage and fire damage nodes is actually the best option for an igniter, it increases both the damage of initial hit and subsequent ignite effect, you get the best possible payoff.

Those rings aren't really that great for a proliferator, you don't want to destroy corpses and 25 to 40% burning damage is cheap change next to all other bonuses that can now affect fire damage over time. If this ring appeared before the DoT rework they would be beyond awesome, now they just don't offer enough to offset the drawback. Just get two good life and res rings, it will do you more good in the long run even if you're not a proliferator.
Wish the armchair developers would go back to developing armchairs.

◄[www.moddb.com/mods/balancedux]►
◄[www.moddb.com/mods/one-vision1]►
Last edited by raics on Jul 22, 2014, 6:54:03 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info