So, with the full addition of Strongboxes in 1.2...

Can we get a single row increase for the inventory?

Its very common practice now to carry around currency with you to roll boxes. Because going back to town for currency (especially in maps...), is really meh for every single strongbox.

1 stack of augments
1-2 stacks of alts.
Scourings
Alchs
Regals
Transmutes
Chances
Edit: Vaal Orbs

Thats a good chunk of inventory space taken up, can net you a few less rare items per vendor trip.
Last edited by Waves_blade on Jul 21, 2014, 4:26:46 PM
That's sort of one of the points - you have to decide if it's worth it to you to carry around currencies or if you need to portal back to town more frequently. GGG has stated they like the whole inventory system (i.e. needing to make decisions), so I would highly doubt they'd add more inventory space.
"I see now that the circumstances of one's birth are irrelevant; it's what you do with the gift of life that determines who you are." - Mewtwo
You should add vaal orbs to that list.

I usually keep 10 alts, 10 augs, 15 trans, few vaal orbs, some chance. Don't need the regals/alchs/scours that often. Just use regal for gemcutter or unity boxes and chaos for carto boxes.
"
RulerofAsgard wrote:
That's sort of one of the points - you have to decide if it's worth it to you to carry around currencies or if you need to portal back to town more frequently. GGG has stated they like the whole inventory system (i.e. needing to make decisions), so I would highly doubt they'd add more inventory space.

Except its not a decision, ESPECIALLY in maps.

What, are you gonna carry around 0 currency? In a full party group? And come across a carto box with no one having currency?

That's not a choice, at all.

You either use inventory space, or waste portals AND time to go back and get currency, AND if your in a full group, you can't even use portals. I'd hardly call it a choice.
Last edited by Waves_blade on Jul 21, 2014, 4:39:29 PM
Wouldn't mind a sub-inventory ala d2 cube that took up maybe 2x2 in the inventory but was a 4x4 or 6x6 when you opened it up that only allowed currency to be put into it. This would solve the problem of doing full map groups and people not having the proper currency to roll up a strongbox.

I currently have no idea what the standard operating procedure for rolling boxes in groups is as I played Invasion and am now playing Hardcore until the new 4 months start up. Very curious what most people do.
IGN: Ghured
"
Waves_blade wrote:
"
RulerofAsgard wrote:

What, are you gonna carry around 0 currency? In a full party group? And come across a carto box with no one having currency?

You either use inventory space, or waste portals AND time to go back and get currency, AND if your in a full group, you can't even use portals. I'd hardly call it a choice.

Lol i never use orbs on boxes. Why would i waste it on boxes when i can waste it on items?
"
"
Waves_blade wrote:
"
RulerofAsgard wrote:

Lol i never use orbs on boxes. Why would i waste it on boxes when i can waste it on items?
Cause if done properly it nets a pretty significant gain in wealth.
"

I have no problem dropping chaos on carto boxes all day, mods like addtional items, mirrored, and +chest level on a carto box is like lol wat?

they drop like 12-16 maps everytime for me
S L O W E R
I'd love to see something along the lines of
New item slot: belt pouch.
Opens a sub inventory d2 cube style- size 1x6
Pouch itself takes up 2x3 space so you can't gain space having them in your normal inventory.
If you die whatever killed you gets your pouch and will drop it on death.
When I kill a man he stays dead.
Last edited by mucker on Jul 21, 2014, 5:30:27 PM
- Bigger maps.
- Increased requirement to hold currency in inventory.

These are the two big changes I think of in regards to increasing how much inventory space you need.

Given that, they haven't increased inventory space yet. This is also the case with skill gems. They've added a ton and given at most a socketed ring (which let's be real, no serious player uses).

It seems unlikely... even though it would be nice.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info