Switching to softcore is what made me regain some love for the game!

felt the same way after playing for so long in HC, but seriously SC isn't enough, you'll really want to play HC eventually.
Now I play both ^^ taking a break to sc when the stress from playing HC builds up too much and coming back to it when I feel like it.
Lvl 85 shockwave totem build in invasion
lvl 79+76 in SC (CI arc caster and Leap slammer)

These VS. threads need to stop
I sorta feel the way the OP does, not that I banged my head very
much against that wall.

I started the game with the occasional severely unreasonable death
that I had done nothing to deserve. (in softcore)

the farther I got, the more severely unfair these deaths became.
(monster dps, movespeed keeps going up)

desynch issues totally ruin the player skill aspect of hardcore,
so I just never got into it. You poor hc bastards... I know exactly
what you WANT but what are you GETTING? If you could HC without
desynch issues being paramount, spike damage being the key difficulty
scale... I'd be right in there with you.

way more fun to build glass cannons. Can you believe I got called
retarded whenever I refuted the idea of path of life nodes?
I admitted I was coming from a softcore ranged perspective...

but people still assumed it was retarded not to stack life all day
long. maybe its retarded but retarded is fun?

FUN FUN FUN.... have fun. I'm skipping the 1 months and doing short races.
cause short is fun right now... 1 hour every other day is fun right now.

LOL - Sadly you still cant be glass, Huge EXP penalty in merc on.... I wish you could go pure glassy cannon but game won't let u about merc act 3. Still need like max resists, 3-4K life, etc to do end game maps. So soft-core is like building HC without worry.

SC still pigeon holes you.

Just try only taking DPS gear and nodes. NO life(ES) or resists gear and nodes. Aint happening.

OP

My first toon was HC lvl 74 ZiggyD RoA ranger before she died. Tried like 3 more, which all died before that to DC, Desyc and one my fault and finally said fuck it. I'm SC now too. My connection doesnt facilitate HC playing. But HC was still more fun IMO.
Git R Dun!
Last edited by Aim_Deep on Jul 22, 2014, 12:03:06 PM
"
Aim_Deep wrote:
Just try only taking DPS gear and nodes. NO life(ES) or resists gear and nodes. Aint happening.

Too bad there's literally zero middle ground.
Best thing that ever happened to me was the death of my third 60+ character on Invasion..
Then i started a few characters on Ambush, and the game got a lot more fun for me..

And if you play sf, you actually must build your characters much like on HC. I mean glasscannons work until ~68 maps, but after that you just don't wanna waste your time, atleast i don't wanna do it.

I'm also against the SCvs.HC-discussion, SC is more fun and HC is more exiting to me.

I will probably try HC again on the next 4-month league.
d:-D*
Not me. My connection has to get a lot better for that to happen. But I really did enjoy HC - the planning battles, being on edge of seat, learning monster mods before battle, knowing when to run away, just everything about HC is more fun. You can be reckless in SC but still need to be tanky to lvl past say 75ish - actually merc domino but most skip him at 65ish and do maps anyway and come back
Git R Dun!
Last edited by Aim_Deep on Jul 22, 2014, 12:34:50 PM
Over a month and a half ago I switched to sc. My second mjolner build rip on invasion was the straw that broke the camels back. Every single time I got a char lvld to a point where my build starts to come together and I'm having fun I rip to some stupid mistake.

Since the switch I have had way more fun then I ever have since starting at the start of onslaught. So many things to do and crazy builds to try. This is what this game is all about.

Now I do still get my hc fix during race seasons so I don't think I'll ever go back to hc

My $.02
IGN @Dbum

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info