Passives to support Soul Generation

It is sad that as a mechanic Soul Generation has absolutely no passives in the tree attached to it. There are a lot of vaal skills that would be very nice if we could somehow increase the soul generation rate at the cost of other passives.

A shame on you for not having added this.

EDIT: here are some amazing ideas of stuff you can add. Please.
===========================================
Suggestions for passives:

Normal:
- +10% increased souls gained from targets
- +20% increased souls added to your second vaal gem

Notables:
- 30% increased souls gained from targets
- Upon entering an area for the first time you start with all your vaal gems full instead of empty
- Gain 100 souls upon dealing 10% damage in health of a unique or boss monster
- Magic monsters give +100% more souls, Rare Monsters + 200% more souls

Keystones:
- You gain 200% more souls from living enemies. Gain 0 souls from undead and demons.
- Whenever you spend a Power, Endurance or Frenzy Charge you gain 10 souls on all your gems.
=============================================
Last edited by Kranyum on Jul 21, 2014, 3:25:21 PM
This thread has been automatically archived. Replies are disabled.
added suggestions.

Thank me later.
Last edited by Kranyum on Jul 21, 2014, 3:14:37 PM
nobody has anything to add?
I liked your idea of passives that support soul generation. Some of your suggestions are too good though.

The mechanic doesn't need much more support beyond minor passives that boost it. The main change that would make soul generation nicer is if boss minions/fractured enemies would give souls(they currently don't).
Last edited by kasub on Jul 22, 2014, 3:38:46 AM
"
Kranyum wrote:
It is sad that as a mechanic Soul Generation has absolutely no passives in the tree attached to it. There are a lot of vaal skills that would be very nice if we could somehow increase the soul generation rate at the cost of other passives.

A shame on you for not having added this.

Souls were only just added at all in the last expansion, so I wouldn't blame them too much for not having passives supporting them yet. They probably wanted to be able to test them as is first without passives making it even more complicated than it already is.

I'll agree that adding a few in with the next expansion would be good though. Most of the ones you suggested are way too strong, but a few scattered 10% notables and maybe a keystone of some sort would be fine.
I do not know if i'm isolated in this matter but i very rarely use Vaal Skills as i find all but 4 of them complete rubbish and a waste of slots. If yhe majority is like me, there's only been a few that's adressed it. That might explain lack of progress on this region
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1552460 - my drop solution
Specs: CPU - i5 9600k, geforce 2060, 32 gb ram, ssd, 2133/2333 mz.-----
EXILES EVERYWHERE, PLEASE?!?!?!
Last edited by Cergic on Jul 22, 2014, 6:05:42 AM
Passive support is a no IMO, you force people to build to an area they may have no need for except those node killing build diversity(such as it is)

If anything it should be treated like flasks with more souls per magic/rare/unique generated per kill and even then they would need to mess about with the amount of souls needed(increasing them most likely) depending on how OP it is...as it stands OP skills = about 1 use per area
Ancestral Bond. It's a thing that does stuff. -Vipermagi

He who controls the pants controls the galaxy. - Rick & Morty S3E1
I like the general idea of passive support, but don't really want another mandatory passive. It's too grindy as it is to get those points. Alternate suggestion for the skill tree is to add what you've described as the "normal" level of soul support to notables and/or keystones that are lackluster right now, e.g., CI, Blood Magic.

I'd suggest a new quest, like the bandits, in the expansion with soul support as one of the choices for reward. If a new quest is out of scope, then I'd suggest removing the gear reward (invariably rubbish) in one of the Merciless quests and having this be the reward instead.
I don't see these passsives as mandatory as call skills are far from it.
some builds would use them or we could have skills relying mostly on these values skills while all the normal builds could still safely ignore them
Bumping this as there are simply no changes to the new tree to add any support for such things.
Seeing how adding this kind of thing would only promote even more Vaal Haste abusers, while the Vaal attack and spells will remain completely un-used, I'm thinking to have some form of keystone that would enforce using Vaal Skills that do damage more often.

I love stuff like Vaal Reave, Cyclone or even Storm Call.

Maybe a keystone with:

Enemies killed by a Vaal Skill grant 3x more souls. Deal 50% less damage with non-vaal skills.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info